Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

ok. i'm creating another thread because i think we are gonna need it. i will start this thread where mr. robin left off:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hannibal:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>In all honesty, yes, nothing better to do... I'm not gonna ask for you to prove to me how it is all meaningfull, because it just can't be done<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparently you have decided that it cannot be done, without even trying. Your loss, not mine, aside I personally believe it is meaningful, as I have found LOTS of meaning in my life.....but that is IMHO.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I recognize what he did, and I don't believe he is "evil" for it. I think he was a bad person, but not necessarily evil. Like I stated, I believe evil doesn't exhist.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is amazing to me that you haven't studied the historical record of the person you wpould wish to characterize as a BAD MAN as it is clear enough from the records that do remain, he planned what he did, and his motives were quite clear in the manners in which he deliberately lied to people to gain further advantage in his Master plan for the master race

He was, from the beginning a liar and a murderer!

Perhaps the reason that you do not sense the presence of evil as existent, is because you deny an inner part of yourself, and you have no real experiance to obtain the sensation from, but I could be wrong, as I am only guessing here.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Evil doesn't exhist, just seperate ideas of obscure paranoia and personal insecurity, leading one to think that what they do is "evil" when in reality, it's just a simple problem that life hands them, of which they can't solve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I stand behind this. Life said Hitler killed millions, you don't understand because your not him. To him he was doing good, so therefore, you labeled him as evil. Point in case.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The historical record differs on what you attempt to assert, nevermind the simplicity that someone stating that they are doing good, is NOT the manner to sit in judgement, you judge from there actions, and his were exceedingly clear.....why you ask??, because people LIE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>His activities were clear, his want of world domination quite evident (of me, Mr. Robin)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>It was not only world domination, his original actions were mearly to exterminate the jews, which is bad, but world domination came later. I'm sure there is much more behind the stories that you or I fail to recognize. It seems you forgot his main task, which makes me wonder just how much other things you might be missing when you reply acting as if we knew full well what all of his intentions were. We don't. We may know most of them, but not all.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Firstly, for you to comment that his wanton assault upon the members of the Jewish Faith
    "was merely Bad", WOW, what planet did you grow up on?? (my apologies, but I must, as that statement is just way to much!)

You tell me that I forgoten his main task, but you fail to explain what that was, aside from the obvious world domination that has already been established as his goal of origin, as he himself apparently explained in the Book "Mien Kamp"(sp?) (I haven't read it, but I have accepted the testimony of many a learned persons, as seen on T.V., that have clearly attested to his intent as having been obvious from that book)

That the totality of his personna was NOT completely know, does NOT preclude us from judging him on his actions, as they were clearly self-evident, and murderous!

That you would quibble on this point as to attempt to hide his very EVIL activities, well, is it possible that you are a member of the Flat Earth Society as well??????????
    (It is only a question, NO infferances can be drawn until it is answered!)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>as for if he had succeeded, well, i'm not interested in that. Why? Because he didn't so it holds no relevance... but I'm afraid I have gotten off topic.
    My main reasons being that he was not necessarily evil, just a man who's mistaken thinking of people, led him to make mistakes as humans are prone to doing. It wasn't evil that made him kill, it was hatred, and mislead thinking.
    which once more, brings me to conclude that "evil" doesen't exhist.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You seem to think that everything he did was "Just an accident", well, the easiest manner to realize if someones actions are accidents or intentional, is to look for the repetition, do they learn from the first "accident" and NOT repeat it, or do they learn from the first attempt how to do it in a bolder manner, as Hitler clearly did.

Emboldened by his lighting war with Poland, the swiftness of the victory, he went further, again, and again, and again....see a pattern of activity that tells of his pursuit of his intentions?? (even a blind person could read that intent from this page!)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>*on a side note, I was reading through the replies, and I had not read your comment about hitler, until AFTER posting these last two posts, kinda interesting. Funny even, that you mentioned him, and without knowing that, I once again mentioned him.*<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

O.K. so your precient, ha, ha, ha, hahahoohooheeheehee,giggle giggle,giggle,nyuck,nyuck,nyuck!

------------------
    ~~share some greased tea with me~~

General Philosophy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

in response to this post, i would have to say that i do not think hannibal was attempting to say that everything hitler did was accident.
    it is obvious that he was a clever, careful, planning individual.
    so what?
    what hanny (i assume) is saying is that the effects of hitler's actions were not evil.
    i contend.
    this is why i asked for the definition to the word 'evil'...because i am sure it cannot be done. sure......
    you can give your definition of evil, you can give 25 people's similar definition, but it simply cannot be done.

are we to assume that evil is 'form'?

------------------

General Philosophy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

you have no reason to shut up, mr. robin. its nice to hold conversations, despite the discussion itself.
    now, on to your post:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>So you say that the destruction of the lives of millions, wanton and intentional, is not a definition of evil?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    then i suppose god is evil as well.

------------------

General Philosophy

Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*my response to you, Mr.Robin is on the original evil thread, which I'm afraid you got HORRIBLY off topic on.*
    Mr.Robin, you assert, that good is the opposite of evil, as you said. However, I do believe if you ask someone what's the opposite of good, they say bad. Therefore, I beg you to come up with a better opposite of "evil". And unless you can do so, according to your very words, evil fails to exhist. So I hope for your arguments sake you can provide us with a realistic opposite to evil my good sir.
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Aside from this Shat, clearly you are indulging in a little bit of inside knowledge here, as I am waiting for someone else to answer, not for you to attempt to extract the answer from me, for him, ...then again, maybe you didn't realise how close you have come to that, soo.......
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Eh hem, I thought the point of a thread with a question was to get people to give their answers. What's the point in replying if your gonna argue without giving an answer, that's just stupid ludicracy.
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>So you say that the destruction of the lives of millions, wanton and intentional, is not a definition of evil? If so, then what is the definition of evil? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I thought that was the whole point of this thread, to try and define evil... :roll eyes:

[This message has been edited by Hannibal (edited November 10, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, Shatoushka, it looks like you've finally adopted that bad habit of posting long-winded posts.
    Some things are better left unchanged... while some other things inevitably change.

------------------
    Never onlyne

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
    The very simplistic observation of the very nature, structure, ideology, and fact of the universe is that it is always a dichotomy, always has to opponent/opposite side, left, right, forward, backward, towards and away, good and evil, positive and negative, proton and anti-proton, always the two side.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    the dreaded analogy as proof again, how much the basic particles may be a dichotomy and the universe may work in that way, the whole concept of evil is a human concept, not a physical entity in this world so i doubt that that dichotomy of yours applies to it.
    Next to that , i'll use a dreaded analogy too..
    Everything in your computer works with bits, zeroes and ones, light and dark, you get the point, a dichotomy, yet it is able to bring you more than two numbers and give you 256 colours etc..
    (Not trying to prove things like "dichotomy can lead to more" etc.. but trying to show that these examples can be used in both ways)

------------------
    Sure the universe is a great place, but if it wasn't here, no-one would miss it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

i'm not even sure where this thread is going any more.
    maybe i'm just in one of those moods...again.

------------------

General Philosophy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What's evil is how much has been written for such few posts.

------------------
    Alex

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Evil is something that cannot be defined any longer because the word is no longer simply a word. When the word evil was first created, it had an explicit meaning. But as time passed everyone put their own thoughts into the definition until it was so big that two threads have been spent and still no one knows what evil means.

Evil is a word that no longer means anything because it can be manipulated to mean anything. Some might say that eating a piece of chocolate while they are trying to loose weight is evil.
    Others would say that Hitler was evil. (Who was the most evil before Hitler?)

I think, from skimming through this, that nobody can say what the definition/meaning of evil is because evil no longer means anything.

Am I evil for saying ther is no evil?

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hmmm, i get your point, basically you mean that a long long time ago a word such as evil meant something like "not tasting nice"
    so that people would say "ooh, what an evil apple" or "oooh, that roast was evil" but over the years it became a word, an abstract construct that only exists in the human mind to classify things in their relation to self.

And now we keep on pondering what the evil is which we cannot say because it is something abstract, the relation something has to self so it's not objective too.

if that's what you mean..
    i agree fully biggrin

------------------
    Sure the universe is a great place, but if it wasn't here, no-one would miss it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast