Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i just read the "definition of heroes" (or something close to that) thread again and i started wondering about that grecian ideal escribed there.
    Even though i think it is a true hero, in the sense that he or she lives as she chooses, being a free mind in a sense,
    i can't shake the feeling that it's impossible for me to ever attain something like that. During my whole childhood i was raised to be a social person, to live with others and to abide the laws of others.
    To put it straight, i get the idea that most parents who try to raise their children in a 'righteous' way raise them to political correct standards and in a sense crippling their ability to ever become that free mind.

Then all i could think of was, why.. why would parents do that (not assuming that they know what they are doing, merely wondering what was their motivator to do it this way)

Don't get me wrong, i love my parents but they're.. righteous i guess, good folk, social.
    Not the image i get with that grecian ideal.
    Not that free mind.
    Why do we still have a society that propagates it's morals through us (even though we can reason about them, say we do not agree with them, they're still embedded in our psyche).

hmm, reading the above i wonder what my goal was with this post. Still, i'd like to see what you think of this.

------------------
    Sure the universe is a great place, but if it wasn't here, no-one would miss it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    so what's the question? wink

------------------
    ~~share some greased tea with me~~

General Philosophy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

me wondering how we ever got to a 'civilization' that propogates bound minds.
    Because i take it that before that, before the formation of this 'civilization' people must have been more free in this way.
    How could something like this evolve?

------------------
    Sure the universe is a great place, but if it wasn't here, no-one would miss it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if i know you, you already know the answer to your questions.
    maybe you just need some help coping with the answers. wink

------------------
    ~~share some greased tea with me~~

General Philosophy