Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ah, when it comes to god, you middle classes suck.
    Blah blah, gods a woman, suffering, blah blah

------------------
    Shred = emotion

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    LMFAO!!!!

wow! that post is so fraught with inconsistancies (besides all else) that i'm not even sure how to respond!!!

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahha!!!!

nice job!

------------------
    ~~share some greased tea with me~~
    General Philosophy
    Discuss This...
    The Acropolis

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

*ahem*

back to hanny's original post.
    here is that cliche premise/conclusion set~~
    the EVIL argument. (forgive me for not remembering, at the moment, who established this argument--will remember later)
    you tell me the answer to your own question:
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI> God is omnipotent.
    (God has the power to end evil.)
    <LI> God is omnibenevolent.
    (God is wholly good.)
    <LI> God is omniscient.
    (God knows how to end evil.)
    <LI> Therefore, evil cannot exist. [/list]

If the conclusion is false, one or more of the premeses must be false...yadda yadda yadda.

------------------
    General Philosophy
    Discuss This...
    The Acropolis

Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hadn't thought of it that way, but good point!

------------------
    As miserable as life may be I hold it pretty precious...

If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I wil write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always, I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.
    Word And Voice
    Motocross Fanatics
    General Philosophy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Therefore, evil cannot exist. why do you assert this?

------------------
    "God is dead." -Nietsche.

"Nietsche is dead." -God.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Now I must admit that I am immensely curious to know just what Bible you seem to have been reading??, as it is clearly in the Christian Bible, and in several of the other works of spiritual knowledge, that the God that is the Creator of the Heavens and the Earth is a God of WRATH, a GOD of VENGANCE, and a JUST GOD, as in Justice.

The embodiment of Evil that is the Devil is arisen from the idea of the self deception, as in, (Just as lots of people willfully self deceive themselves!!) the Devil became such as from the self assumed belief that he/she was greater then GOD!

Clearly a fallacy, but none the less it is the reasoning why evil can, and does, exist! It is NOT arising from God himself, but from that which God created, in the false belief that that which was created, could be greater then the Creator.

That being the case, consider yourselves forewarned, for there is a simply statement in the Christian Bible?. ?It would have been better for you had you NEVER BEEN BORN!?

??.cause I can assure some of you, that is the case for you!

Choose wisely.

------------------
    My Teacher is in all people, but not all people are my Teacher

Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As Ruckley says in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" by Ken Kesey, I find it fitting, to slightly modify it for this particular post.
    "FFFFFffffffffffffffuuuuck da bible! Ffffffffffffuck da bible!!"
    biggrin

------------------
    As miserable as life may be I hold it pretty precious...

If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I wil write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always, I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.
    Word And Voice
    Motocross Fanatics
    General Philosophy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

mr robin--

if feel slightly obligated to counter your post in so many ways, that i'm not even sure where to begin.
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Now I must admit that I am immensely curious to know just what Bible you seem to have been reading??, as it is clearly in the Christian Bible, and in several of the other works of spiritual knowledge, that the God that is the Creator of the Heavens and the Earth is a God of WRATH, a GOD of VENGANCE, and a JUST GOD, as in Justice.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    first of all, i am not regurgitating this material from the bible. it is an argument evoked by Mackie (i think). i offered it as a brief response to hanny's post.

point number two--
    you speak of the christian bible (and other works of spiritual knowledge??) as if it held ultimate authority over all other forms of biblical account and/or god-speak. naturally, this ushers me into a defensive stance.
    naturally i ponder the root of this arrogancy and prompt you to provide adequate evidence for your position.

point three--
    if it is obvious that other beliefs are inferior, why would one choose a vengeful and wrathful god out of so many other, lesser, kinder gods?

just curious.
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>The embodiment of Evil that is the Devil is arisen from the idea of the self deception, as in, (Just as lots of people willfully self deceive themselves!!) the Devil became such as from the self assumed belief that he/she was greater then GOD!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    not sure what you mean by that first part...kinda confusing. wink
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Clearly a fallacy, but none the less it is the reasoning why evil can, and does, exist!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    uuuuuh, whaaaat?
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>It is NOT arising from God himself, but from that which God created, in the false belief that that which was created, could be greater then the Creator.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    sooooo....you are saying that god is or is not responsible for something he created?
    an earthquake, a death, a judgment, a devil?
    is god involved?
    i mean, is this another clock-maker analogy in the making?
    if he isinvolved, then he is responsible. isn't he?
    is a parent responsible for the child's body forming brusies everytime they are struck?
    is a person not responsible to follow the laws of the land?
    i can hear the rebuttal now. you may tell me something like how god is not obligated to follow the same rules he sets.
    but why is that? is god a hyprocrite?
    let me ask you this-- if a man contained these same qualities, would you trust him? i'm not sure i follow you here.
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>That being the case, consider yourselves forewarned, for there is a simply statement in the Christian Bible?. ?It would have been better for you had you NEVER BEEN BORN!? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    ...quite possibly the one truth found in the christian bible.
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>??.cause I can assure some of you, that is the case for you!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    and?
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Choose wisely.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    i would never be threatened into believing something absurd. now i KNOW that you are not personally threatening me, mr. robin.
    but i simply refuse to be a victim in life.
    so-called 'slave morality' ends here.

------------------
    General Philosophy
    Discuss This...
    The Acropolis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12