Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, this is a riot! Sorta makes me wonder why I didn't drop in sooner!

Unrelated save by slightest coincidence, reading this took me back some time ago when I was horribly addicted to an online fantasy RPG called "Asheron's Call." One of the server-worlds there is called "Darktide," it at the time it was the only one where players could actually kill one another. As a newb, you'd have to tread lightly and with great care lest you be slain by brigands and other affiliated vermin. Anyway, I had all but forgotten, but this made me remember one of the first times I was killed, running blindly through the desert of Samur being tracked down- and eventually slain- by a pair of player killers named "Geraldo Rivera" and "Maury Povitch."

In proper context, it was a riot.

------------------
    There's a lesson in life to adopt and interpret
    It applies to all people, regardless their race
    Oh don't put your trust, or your faith in the person
    If sometimes they seem to have more than one face...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pplaverita:
    Mr Robin,
    I was addressing to our moderatrix. It was the first time she ever tried to apply moderation rules upon this forum (the MKFAIZI case was an untoward exception), and suddenly some guys thought of that as an application of martial law. Ironically, instead of her reply, I got yours! Of course it was another one of your continuous misunderstandings, and for this I make no comment.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is why I had responded, looking for clarification of an ill addressed statement.
    As I explained, "If I read into it" as I clearly 'took a shot. at understanding what you failed to make clear.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>originally posted by pplaveritas
    Now, about the Alien nation you live in, the only comment I make is that my country will never be as good as the Americans in the Winter Olympics, 'cause here we don't have the weather conditions for such a sport. That's why my people, when they established the Olympic institution in 776 BC, didn't incorporate any winter sports in the Olympic games.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparently, If I read you right this time, you do NOT live in the U.S., ERGO you TOO are of that alien planet, as the explanation in the posting, in the other forum, stated, as per the American definition of 'Alien'

Hence you too come from the Alien planet as you seem to state that you too are NOT American.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>God save the Queen smile<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I concur, but which one are you talking about
    the 'moderatrix' or the Queen of England?

[/B][/QUOTE]

------------------
    I am, but a mere man!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

in response to pogue's post, all i have to say is:

took you long enough! wink

------------------
    ~~share some greased tea with me~~
    General Philosophy
    Discuss This...
    The Acropolis

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well Mr Robin, if you are usually smart, then here you look like an idiot (or, perhaps, the other way around). I am by no means an alien. I'm not American, that's for sure, but this doesn't make me an alien, nor does this make an american look like an alien to me. Please, quit this attitude and make friends with people.

------------------
    Offline-Onlife

Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Yea, friends!
    an agreement to disagree when the need arises..
    *goes to shake eveyrones hand*

------------------
    As miserable as life may be I hold it pretty precious...

If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I wil write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always, I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.
    Word And Voice
    Motocross Fanatics
    General Philosophy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123