Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

a certain type??
    i thought it was the only defining mark
    that distinguished an entity between genders.

ooops...

i did it too. [img]redface.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i wonder if a male can have a conversation about sex that is wholly serious......

i think the obsession that people have with sex in american society (or any other, i just feel that i cannot discuss others because i do not live there) goes back to power. some males (like patron) will have sex as much as possible to show their dominance over other males (or just to show themselves that they are powerful). others abstain to show that they are more powerful than their sex drive (though they use religion as an excuse, or they are just too fat/ugly to get any). females have the power over the males in both situations, because in the first case, they can refuse to have sex, and in the second, they can seduce. i am not trying to show men as the helpless victims here by any means. i have started to find it all very funny. just observing the games that people will play, and the lengths that they will go to just to have the upper hand. but even in that, i am trying to show my power by not taking part in the power play, even though i still am. ahh life, what fun!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sometimes i think you post just to hear
    yourself speak...
    the beginning of your post made some sense,
    then off to tangent-land...

there can only be power in sex if the
    society/culture deems sex as something powerful.

oh beautiful, for spacious power plays....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

a little tangental,

my father thinks women sleep with men who buy them drinks because of gratitude for a bought drink! seriously! maybe that's what some men think as well so they get pissy and all date rapish when they're bought the girl the drink and nothing else happens.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wow.... that just blows me away.

i'm not even sure how to respond.

...must...ponder....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Look, this is just the nonsense that's gonna kill us all. Who cares if religion is arbitrary or not. Soon your going to have christians all in an uproar for you blood and declare a fuckin holy war. That is nonsense. Holy wars, just a way for people to feel good about themselves as they go and kill innocent men, women, and children. Assholes if you ask me.
    If there is a hell, all who fight in holy wars go there. Who's to say what gods will is besides god? I know my will and you can't tell me what my will is or fight for something you didn't even ask me about when sober or otherwise.

Religion leads to death. Birth leads to death. Deal with it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

does anyone have a clue wtf 'this guy'
    is talking about? or what tangent he is going on?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i think thisguy was referring to the original post and then tangentally saying that we all die so discussing all this is rubbish.

(hey, just my take)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

everything in the end becomes arbitary.
    Religion could of started off as real but along the way people and those in control have changed it to suit there needs. society in general has always followed history, with that i mean, history repeats itself if we allow it too. and those who want history to change have always been the middle class against the ruling class. once they have taken over they become the ruling class and the once rulling class either settle as the lower working class or as the middle class or 'some' of the lower working class move up. Its the old saying of "meet your new bosses, your old boss" or something like that. And with what i have written above i mean that nothing every really changes and even though they are new people involved sooner or later every thing will get stagnated, society doesnt improve though there might be changes and the middleclass lead a coup on the ruling class and it all starts over again. i dont want to seem of Tangent so i will bring it back to the main point.
    with the above i stated that i have determined that while everything changes the mentality doesnt. and with that the current mentality of today is the same as yesterdays. that is why some things as shame about sex before marriage has been around for ages, it is not a religous thing as Shatzy pointed out before but rather a handy tool on keeping down the lower worker part of society who most likely were involved in that type of behaviour. so it was a tool of those in power of controling those below them, and it has found its way into the church. and as these old ideas are kept on going but the new rulers, nothing everchanges.

this states that the church is man made now and also our failure to progress or develope better mortality is also arbituary. Religion was created by those who had power, to keep power over the masses.

Sorry about such a long post, i just had to confirm this with my own writing.. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

everything is either arbitary or relative

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast