Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You seem to be suggesting that human reason/free will (if we want to apply it to religious contexts) is an in-built feature that has evolved to check the growth of a species in evolutionary terms. Whilst this seems possible, i think it might be reaching too far to find reason in the way we kill each other on a regular basis. We're not, after all, reasonable creatures. And whilst as a method of natural selection it does seem to be effective, nature is not one to entrust gene pool survival based upon a possible tendency for us to self-regulate.

But an interesting possibility, nonetheless,

DonCione

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am thread-killer...

....hear me roar...

DonCione

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

nah... you aren't a thread killer.

i was just hoping someone else could say something
    or post a new topic so that i can reply...

as opposed to starting something i already have
    a mind about

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Well...I believe that Evil is something the world needs, because without it, there would be no good. Ying and Yang, Good and Evil...same difference. I think Evil can be anything, from Micheviousness, to Chaos, to Violence, or any Negative energy beings possess. When I hear people whining about Evil, I automatically think "Uninformed." But...while Good and Evil exist, the balance must be equal. Sometimes the pendilum swings somewhat, but in most cases, things tend to even out.

Evil, to me...isn't a bad thing. I like evil, I do evil things all the time. But can I really be called an Evil person? I don't think so, but other people have said otherwise. It's like with Dogs. There are some smart dogs, and some dumb dogs. I think some people are born with it. But while someone may be born with it, this seed or evil doesn't necessarily take root. So, I believe people are born with the ability to be evil, and outward influence dictates whether that seed sprouts or not.

Satan

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Well...I believe that Evil is something the world needs, because without it, there would be no good. Ying and Yang, Good and Evil...same difference. I think Evil can be anything, from Micheviousness, to Chaos, to Violence, or any Negative energy beings possess. When I hear people whining about Evil, I automatically think "Uninformed." But...while Good and Evil exist, the balance must be equal. Sometimes the pendilum swings somewhat, but in most cases, things tend to even out.

Evil, to me...isn't a bad thing. I like evil, I do evil things all the time. But can I really be called an Evil person? I don't think so, but other people have said otherwise. It's like with Dogs. There are some smart dogs, and some dumb dogs. I think some people are born with it. But while someone may be born with it, this seed of evil doesn't necessarily take root. So, I believe people are born with the ability to be evil, and outward influence dictates whether that seed sprouts or not.

Satan

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The world would be a boring place without evilness. Think about how boring everything would be if there was no evil. Movies are already bad enough, they would be so much worse without a villian.
    There was an essay thing somewhere that was about the meaning of evil. Damn good essay, I should go look for it and post a few of the good segments.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh yes, the world would be totally boring, I agree. It's pretty bad when the good guys always win in the movies, but think...what if there WAS NO BAD GUY! AHH! I can't take the pressure!
    Great point BetaRabbit!

Satan

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why, thank you Satan. I'm glad at least one person on this message board doesn't think I am an idiot.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quite welcome, BetaRabbit. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Satan

Please check out my Board!

The Darkness Within Us
    http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...b/forum/f/7625

<font color="#6699ff" size="1">[ November 16, 2003 09:00 PM: Message edited by: ? SatansNightOut ? ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by BetaRabbit:
    The world would be a boring place without evilness. Think about how boring everything would be if there was no evil. Movies are already bad enough, they would be so much worse without a villian.
    There was an essay thing somewhere that was about the meaning of evil. Damn good essay, I should go look for it and post a few of the good segments.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Can u plz find that essay on Evil.....
    In the Bible it says God created Good and Created Evil.....So all u nice Religious People better give up battling against God's creation....

Suppose he created it so we wouldnt turn into bores [img]biggrin.gif[/img] evil

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast