"I saw wounded people all over the place, out in the parking lot, inside," he added. "It just didn't sound like gunshots or anything, it didn't occur to me that something like that was happening."

-------------------------------------------

When People get thrust into a real life situation involving guns, part of the reason they don't know how to react is because the gun shots don't sound like anything they have heard on television or in the movies.

The low key sound of the gunfire in a real life situation confuses the person, (who doesn't want to overreact) into a state of paralysis.

It may take a mega lawsuit against the movie industry to force the industry to create "truth in depiction" when it comes to "gun violence" on television. If Hollywood is not willing to tone down the sound of guns being fired, they are misinforming the public and in the process endangering anyone who comes across a situation involving gun fire.

---------------

As a video editor, I am torn at the possibility that I may need to take a stand and not work on any media project that depicts gunshot sounds in a false and confusing manner.