Thread: The Karma Gods are in Full Force...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Twice in the last 24 hours the karma gods shone their equivalent ways and slayed my attempts to get ahead.

Being the sensible person that I am, I decided to get my car detailed. Well, actually, I just got the engine detailed so that when I bring it to the mechanics to find out why my engine is "missing", they will be more apt to take a good long look because the engine compartment will be practically grease free and all the doo hookies are easier to get to without the mechanics getting all filthy.

So I pull out of the detail shop and I get about a hundred and fifty feet away (yes I paid) and my car stalls and just dies. Yeppers, there is water and condensation all over certain parts on top of the engine.

So I end up pushing the car back to the detailing place, actually, some nice soul helped me). Actually, several nice hotel bellman insisted on helping me get the car the **** out of their driveway.

And then a nice soul helped me push it back to the detail shop. As we pushed the car back to the detail shop, I brushed up against the side of my car door and my levi rivets made all kinds of cool squiggly cropcircles on the driver's side door. So I detailed my car engine and scratched up my door as a result, karma gods do your thing!

But wait, there's more! Today I was given a TWO subway cards with 11 stickers already on them (easily a two dollar fifty cent value! [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), AND I saved a dollar on Rite Aid ice cream! For a total gain of $3.50 dollars! But then because I had to work today (which is where I given the subway card) I was a 1/2 day late returning a vhs movie rental and I had to pay $3.50 for an additional week!

Karma Gods do your thing!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, there's more to this story. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

I had the car engine re-detailed before I took it to the dealer.(It was a free redo because they missed some spots). Because I went back they were able to take out the marks on the door.

The steamcleaning affected the clutch cable and now the clutch cable needs to be replaced or relubricated. I barely switch gears now.

I also broke the vacuum cleaner cleaning out the car when it sucked up a piece of metal formerly known as a barrel connector used to connect two video cables.

The dealer kept my money but said they could not fix the car. That will be another post when I have more time.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 21, 2004 03:44 AM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So basically I've spent 112.50 plus 85.00 plus 45.00 (to fix the vacuum cleaner) to be told the car can't be fixed by the dealer because it uses a carburetor and carburetor's went out just after the stone age.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm only going to give a brief update because it is 3:00 in the morning. My carburetor petered out tonight. I was delivering four video entries for a film festival that is being held in the San Fernando Valley.

Too make a long story short, my car stalled, wouldn't start, and I wandered for close to an hour looking for the address of the place to drop the videos off at.

A cop car pulled up and they ended up driving me the final 250 feet (thanks guys) to the house. The darn streets had so many winds and curves AND DEAD ENDS that I probably walked over two miles (including back tracking a few times) to find the place.

I got to sit in the back of the cop car. But first I was checked for weapons, and then I was told to watch my head as I got in. Very important, you really can bang your head getting into the back seat. Also you can't really sit straight ahead, you have to kind of sit at an angle, not too comfortable actually.

The police even called Triple A for me.

Well, I think it's time to rip that carburetor off of it's mounts and mail it to the rebuild guy.