Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    China represents a bigger problem than even the problems the United States is going through and will coninue go through in regards to our place in the world.

China still forces it's people do to the kind of job the Chinese government wants them to do, not the kind of job they may have a passion for.

And then there's this...
    The Horror

I've seen the most ghastly images from China of animals skinned alive. One image that will forever haunt me is of a skinned racoon, still alive, raising it's head from the pile of racoon carcasses below it, to survey it's own demise. Not once, but twice does this heroic animal, soon to die, lift up it's head to survey it's own furless skin.

Animals are human, I think they are more human than humans, and humans seem to be more like animals than animals are.

China is an interesting place because it probably is both the oldest and most populated country on the planet. China is a domineering, in your face country in which the government dictates the very emotions its populace will feel.

Proof?

Chinese are not allowed to have dogs as pets. They can have a pet as a dog, for a two year period, until the pet is ready to be
    ripped of it's fur for the fur industry, but if chinese person shows any attachment or emotion towards the dog during those two years, the dog is shot.

I don't condemn China because it may be the same scenario as what I've said about Saddam Hussein, if Saddam had been a more humane president, would he have stayed in power?
    The same litmus test may apply to the Chinese government, if they were to show real humanity to their people, would they lose control of their country?

Ever get the feeling that humans are the scourge of the earth with artistic talents thrown in,

I do.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Thinking about this a bit more.

If the Chinese actually developed more humane ways to kill an animal rather than beating it against the dirt until the animal is in shock, followed by stripping it of it's fur while the animal is still alive and in shock, what would the result be?

It sounds like the Chinese would probably be able to kill more animals more quickly if they actually tried a more humane approach such as electroshock.

So what would be gained?

Even more animals killed, killed faster and more humanely. Big whoop.

I fear our own country will be just like China one day. Either because China will own us, or because our own country will simply be controlled by a government that knows no other way to stop an overly populated United States from rioting and killing each other for food, shelter and clothing than by dictating every thought and feeling we should possess.

We are asked to be consumers who consume and in consuming create an economy of comfort. But in the process we lose our ability to question our surroundings.

I see little purpose to our present existence because we don't respect, don't know how to respect anything that is different from us, especially anything that we can defeat with our ow hands. It will not be a tragedy if and when the time occurs for millions or billions of humans to die because we will have done it to ourselves. It's not what I want to happen. I believe we should always try and be more than we are asked to be.

While we will think it is a tragedy for human civilization to end or become almost extinct, the truly indegenious animals and insects that have roamed this great earth for the past few million years will simply breathe a sigh of relief that industrialized humans came and went so quickly.

Humans who didn't even having the gratitude to thank their past for creating the very oil we now use to create our current lifestyle.

Humans are so fallow that the God they believe in has to be better than anything tangible put in front of us. In this manner, we can be free to abuse what is in front of us as long as we pray to a God every so often.

If God exists, God must be pissed, but not surprised, at our inability to be the intellectually evolved creature we are supposed to be.

Be it a magnificently round huge boulder that falls onto a roadway and must be immediately dynamited for being "in the way", even though that boulder is probably hundreds of thousands of years old, or any pther object that is in our way, we feel we have the right to destroy it in the quickest manner possible.

Sounds like cancer to me.

We should enjoy the many moments that we can be civil to each other, and strive to be as civil as possible to one another because it's the only positive we have to show for being so abusive to the planet and it's non human inhabitants.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So now we're discovering that to keep on schedule China has been shipping products that have unacceptable levels of lead in them.

From toothpaste to animal abuse to toys made with lead paint, China is simply showing the United States what the United States will be like in the not too distant future.