"The Comedy of Protesting"

Some of the thought processes that fuel the immigration protests are just not worth validating. These irrational thought processes include....

"It's an outrage that you are outraged about my living in this country illegally".

"I'm outraged that I have to get outraged to protest your outrage against illegal immigration".

"You must be a racist if you **** me off"........

Irrational outrage should not be validated or rewarded under any circumstances as it makes it much more difficult to figure out a solution based on real, tangible immigration issues that do exist.

There are of course other reasons for Mexicans to protest, such as being fearful.......

Protesting because one is fearful of being sent back to Mexico is perfectly valid. Protesting because one is fearful of having their family broken up is also a valid reason to protest.

But when invalid irrational beliefs are blended in with rational fears, finding a solution becomes a virtual no win situation unless the two schools of "thought" are first separated from each other.

If we had real leadership in this country, the distinction between irrational fear and rational fear would be duly noted BEFORE solutions were discussed.