Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

"The Comedy of Protesting"

Some of the thought processes that fuel the immigration protests are just not worth validating. These irrational thought processes include....

"It's an outrage that you are outraged about my living in this country illegally".

"I'm outraged that I have to get outraged to protest your outrage against illegal immigration".

"You must be a racist if you **** me off"........

Irrational outrage should not be validated or rewarded under any circumstances as it makes it much more difficult to figure out a solution based on real, tangible immigration issues that do exist.

There are of course other reasons for Mexicans to protest, such as being fearful.......

Protesting because one is fearful of being sent back to Mexico is perfectly valid. Protesting because one is fearful of having their family broken up is also a valid reason to protest.

But when invalid irrational beliefs are blended in with rational fears, finding a solution becomes a virtual no win situation unless the two schools of "thought" are first separated from each other.

If we had real leadership in this country, the distinction between irrational fear and rational fear would be duly noted BEFORE solutions were discussed.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Virtually every part of the planet has been "taken" and "retaken" by warring countries so to imply an "automatic right" to live in California because California used to be part of Mexico based on events from 200 years ago is not a solid argument in my opinion. I'm not saying it has no merit, but I don't believe that reality results in an inalienable right to migrate between Mexico and California without some type of permission.

Other excellent points I have heard by so called "right wing" media.

Mexico is only one country from hundreds on the planet. If the U.S. is to be fair, immigrants wanting to come to the United States should be spread out from over the entire planet and not just Mexico. It's possible and reasonable to state that too many illegal immigrants from Mexico causes the U.S. to turn away immigration applicants from other countries because of the influx of uncontrolled Mexican immigration.

Can Mexico ever rise to it's own potential if the best and brightest are constantly lured to the United States via illegal immigration? Is our laxness causing Mexico to lose some of it's best people.

The United States consumes a lot of energy and cannot afford to continue to allow everyone in who wants in while still maintaining the current standard of energy consumption. I would be willing to trade more passion towards energy efficiency for being more lax on immigration, but to just be lax on immigration and not move towards energy efficiency is a formula wrought with disaster.