I think Star Wars Technology is a Noble Idea. If a Nuclear Missle were ever Launched, it would be wise to be able to destroy the missle before it landed and exploded.

However, the Successful Creation of Star Wars technology will create a new problem.

Any type of weapon that can selectively destroy an incoming nuclear warhead....

....Can also be pointed at the Earth and frankly, wipe out any single person on the planet.

What other country anywhere else in the world will want Star Wars Technology invented and Used by the United States if it means that the United States could in an instant wipe-out a single individual anywhere in the world?

Now you know the real hidden fear by other leaders in the world in regards to Star Wars Technology, Being Zapped to a crisp in the middle of the night...by a mischevious hacker no less! (in my opinion)

When it comes time to share this Newly Created Star Wars Technology, will the United States be willing to share a technology that would allow another country the ability to zap our own president in an instant?

To quote Cartman from the televsion show "South Park", "This is a sticky situation".

As the world becomes increasingly interconnected....nuclear weapons make less and less sense.

I see no viable solution other than the dissassembling of most nuclear weapons on the planet.

Perhaps the ultimate solution is this.

Pass a global law that NO NUCLEAR WEAPONS
can be kept on the planet, instead they must orbit some planet such as Mars.

Any Star Wars technology must also be kept far away, orbiting some other planet....

In this way, all countries can keep their
stupid need for nuclear weapons, but we would significantly increase reaction time to the planned or unplanned use of a nuclear weapon.

Alex

------------------