Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

An ironic and cruel twist of fate.

Greyhound racing is popular in Ireland, as it is in Spain and other parts of Europe.

Greyhounds live an enigmatic life.

They run at breakneck speeds around an oval track listening to the roar of hundreds and thousands of human beings who watch their every move with intense interest. (betting will do that)

Greyhounds are moved from track to track depending on their most recent performance.

A Greyhound lives the life of a live performer, each venue they perform in matches their level of achievement at that moment in time.

The Greyhound performs for about 3-4 years...then...is "retired".

There are no parties or parting gifts for the Greyhound.

The Greyhound, after providing it's prime years for entertainment for human beings....

Is either sold for medical research, sold for slaughter, or simply "put out".

But Greyhounds are also "put up", for adoption. And as it turns out, Greyhounds make GREAT PETS.

They are shy, quiet, and frankly, just want to be treated like a human....(don't all animals?)

Greyhounds like to eat toast in the morning...actually whatever your are having will be fine for them.

Some Greyhounds like to snuggle under their very own blanket.

It's still too early to declare victory over human slavery with all the emerging industrial nations all over the world still abusing child labor laws.

But what is the excuse of the already "civilized" nations butchering and abuse of animals who have done nothing but already bring enonomic prosperity to their owners.

Unlike animals that are raised to be slaughtered....and cost the livestock owner money every second the animal is alive, and only make the livestock owner money upon their slaughter....

....Greyhounds produce economic benefit from the first time they race...and Greyhounds work hard for the money they put in the hands of their owners and the track.

Social Security for Greyhounds?

You laugh and say Social Security is ridiculous for any animal...but what about the basic inalienable principle humans live by....

If you work, you are entitled to benefits when you retire...no matter how miniscule they are.

I for one am sick and tired of rules that favor one group over another....

Frankly, I don't care that the greyhound is not a "human"...I do care that we can callously allow something to work for us, than do nothing in return when their performing years are over with but murder them or just cast them aside as it they never existed.

I watched a video today in which a man said something so profoundly logical and full of common sense....he simply said....

A Greyhound is a good family pet, and it's a working dog, nothing wrong with rewarding a working dog with a loving family after it has retired.

Yes indeed. Judge a society by how it treats those who have helped society but cannot stand up for themselves.....

And look into adopting a Greyhound.

Maybe you can be the first in Ireland to adopt one...they've been trying for 6 years to find a home for even one Greyhound.

-Alex

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I Personally Believe the Greyhound is well suited to finding victims still trapped and alive in the Rubble of the World Trade Center.

-Alex

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here is some information about using Greyhounds to find trapped victims at the World Trade Center that was e-mailed to me.....

"Greyhounds are sight hounds. They are not known for their sense of smell. A Lurcher would be a better choice. If you are not familiar with Lurchers: They are a cross between a Greyhound and a scent hound. Unfortunately, the breed is not 'recognized' in the US."

------------------