Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm listening to KFI-64 AM, and the John and Ken Show asks their audience, "If we don't go to war now, then when"?

So I call up, the phone rings right away and the screener comes on after a minute or two....and asks what me what I want to say....

I say, "I want to answer the question, 'If not War now, then When'"....I "pitch" my idea that "we don't know if our own corporations have created unnecessary hurt in other parts of the world in the last few decades......and the screener cuts me off before I can say anymore, and puts me on hold,...comes back a minute or two later, and said he wasn't interested....

So the Radio Guys are asking Rhetorical Questions about If not war now, then when", while their screener prevents calls trying to answer the question from getting through.

They take a commercial break, and the the radio station runs a Promo-ID, and the promo is telling us how tough these times are, but that KFI will be there every step of the way for the impending situation......(or something like that)

Almost like we are about be involved in the first ever interactive football game.

We have free speech, but who listens?

I guess it's time to promote the big game, and we all will get front row seats...

-Alex

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The reality of talkback radio is that they have a very tight audience and they'll curb your idea or your 'answer' into what they (DJs) want you to reply to. It's not about airing your opinions (commercial radio stations, that is) it's about consolidating their position in the media industry.

I don't regularly listen to a radio station but when i do, it's usually one which is run by the government where it's not out to make profits and so it actually allows and encourages diverse views with more than a one second air time for responders.

------------------