Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

I met this girl named sarah in a yahoo chat and she asks me to call her (Gives me a calling card # and her phone #) I call her and begin liking her the more we talk. I dont know why but it seems like I am falling for her...Heres the catch, she lives in Indiana and I live in Orlando Florida....I am in a tight situation. He freind calls me up (From Indiana) and asks me if I would go out with her (Long distance) and I said "Yes" because I like her that much....I just want to know what you all think. [email protected]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, it depends on how old you and your phone friend are.

If you are under the age of 17, then it's probably best to savor the experience but not act on it.

If you and the babe are 17 or older, then why the **** didn't she call you herself?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would agree with super-8mm about the age thing....leave it alone unless you're an adult...if you are...why wouldn't she call you herself? Just remember, usually things that seem too good to be true, are...and internet relationships are very risky (for everyone involved)...and can be dangerous [img]frown.gif[/img] so, whatever you decide, please be careful [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

" I dont know why but it seems like I am falling for her..."

Relationships over the internet fulfill many romantic ideals. You can feel free to be who you want to be. Normal social barriers are broken down. People don't feel the need to be cautious about 'spilling forth' their entire souls with complete strangers. To write about your dreams, deepest fears, feelings etc is much easier than to talk about them face to face with people. Therefore people often feel closer to each other on a much quicker time scale than they would face to face in 3D(my term for the word 'reality').

As with everything that balances on the delicate scales of trust, there is an opposite darker side. There will always be people who take advantage of peoples trusting nature and the internet is no different from 3D. In some ways its worse. It is so much easier to get caught up within the whole whirlwind romance - the idealistic viewpoint you've created for yourself, that reserve and caution go out the window along with clear judgement. Akin to a holiday romance I suppose.

There are people out there who are waiting to take advantage of this - paedophiles, rapists,murderers, conmen - you name it they're here with the 'good' guys too...

-----------------------------------------

(Working on the assumption you're not a child)

All I would advise(i'm no expert) would be to keep things on the internet/phone for now and see how things develop- there isn't any rush really. Plus I don't think you know entirely what you want/how you feel just yet anyway. Get things really clear in your head before making any arrangements to meet. Then if you do decide to go ahead with meeting up make sure you follow all the recomended pre-cautions.

* Don't go alone and tell plenty of people your plans --times places etc
    * try to meet in a familiar place to u - but never your home
    * make sure it is a very busy place

I'm sure there is plenty more advice but it's 3am here and my mind isn't working too well...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I met my husband online over a year ago..he was from AU..and me from the states..beleive it or not..we have a happy ending..not all do tho..as everyone has said above..caution is best..you dont always know what your getting into..we talked on here and on the phone..cam..all that for about a year before we met..we knew each other inside and out..apart from physically..and when we met it was as if we had been dating all that time..normally.. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] anyhow....just thought id make a post for alex.. [img]eek.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Run!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Blazey:
    I met my husband online over a year ago..he was from AU..and me from the states..beleive it or not..we have a happy ending..
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Blazey, Blazey, Blazey.

You should reread the above quote you made and determine what is flawed about it.