0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sorry, alex... but i re-edited your reply-within-a-post
    to rid my first post of your reply. its not fair
    to first-time readers to read my post with your
    reply mixed in.

so here it is:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Super-8mm in the DigitalAge:
    What's really amazing TG, is that my idea could benefit Acropolis, not only could not admit that and even agree that my suggestion was a good idea, you had to ridicule it with the following quote...

"I'd pay 10 bucks a month for an "Alex Whimsical Post" filter."

ha, ha, ha.
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Shatzy
    your idea is not a good idea, IMO.

You're like a FUKING BROKEN RECORD, nothing I have ever suggested has EVER been complimented by you...EVER, ever.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Shatzy
    number one... it carries too much weight in concerns to HB bandwidth... and the few -- if not ONE board (yours) monthly payment isn't enough to make the change.

For the record, up until a few months ago, ALL HOSTBOARD forums were 40 topics per page, that was the standard. As for more bandwidth, why? Each forum uses up less pages as a result. If only one forum wants to expand, Quick will receive $120.00 per year, one front page on one forum isn't going to affect bandwidth, and you know that. If more want extra topic posts on page one, then Quick starts making more money.

If at some point, more bandwidth is needed, than the money recieved would probably be more than what is needed to offset the "extra" bandwidth that until a few months ago was not deemed "extra" bandwidth.

number two... forty-fifty topic posts per page
    is no different than 25 topic posts per page...
    why not ask for 100?? you are not helping the
    situation by requesting more trivial board
    adjustments (based on whim). people will still
    have to learn the value of clicking either the
    SHOW ALL TOPICS pull-down or the small topic
    page number... regardless of how many topic posts
    are per page.

(Alex sighs about women and math, now he's being told by a women that 25 posts on page one is the same as 40 or 45 posts on page one???)

...Several potshots in there.

I notice a HUGE difference between 25 versus 40 posts on the front page, ESPECIALLY now that we can do stickies. The difference becomes 100% less new topic posts per forum if a moderator has just 5 stickies on page one. This isn't based on a "whim", as you put it. It's based on thoughtful analysis.

number three... if a person is curious enough about topics beyond the 25 topic post limit... they can do the clicking... my first two items on this list isn't enough to allow for the FEW people
    wanting to visit old(er) topics.

I don't understand your point.

also... because YOU think something is a good
    idea does not necessitate it being a good idea
    for all of HB. So bringing the 'it could benefit
    the acropolis' bs up is just that... BS.
    the regulars to my board have seen and responded
    as much as possible to threads now on page 2-X.
    if someone feels the need to resurrect a topic
    post, so be it. they are familiar with the forum
    enough to find it (through search) or clicking.

The point is your forum loses it's first page topics pretty quickly, just as one of my forums also does. If you are fine with that, fine, but that doesn't negate my interpretation of how others may feel. It's my opinion based on the fact that most people don't get past page one most of the time, unless they have already posted on a subject and want to re-visit it even after it has left page one. Most of the people who bring a post back to page one have already posted on it. So in fact, having 15 extra topic posts on page means an extra 1 day to 3 days of 1st page shelf life for anyone to instantly see a topic post and respond. That's a good thing in most instances.

if you are referring to the 7 or so guests or
    the occassional wanderer that i get every week
    or so... screw em. they should learn the ways of
    HB. 25 topics posts per page... 50 topic posts
    per page... its all irrelevent.

Gosh, you sound like Rick Dees when he talked about his 7 listeners.

You also sound like a a bible thumper. "The bible says..." "The Hostboard says...if you don't know better, then screw you..."

charming.

if you recall, 1quickSI made that very clear upon
    transition to HB2... that the topic posts per
    page would be shortened because of technical
    resources.

I never saw the topic post you speak of. As you recall, I asked a while back when did we switch to 25 topics. The response by Quick was "two months ago", Obviously I missed the annoucement.

it would be advantageous of you to remember certain facts or insights about HB before offering suggestions to the admin. I said this on the other topic you started a few weeks ago.

Since I never saw that topic post that you claim I saw, then that puts the kibash on this point.

and one more thing:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Super-8mm in the DigitalAge:
    Why is it that some of Shatzy's friends offer little in the way of thoughtful contribution and much in the way of negative ridicule?</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

(as seen in this link: CLICK! )

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Shatzy[QB]
    is what i will deem a potshot to me.
    i had not posted in that thread... nor do i
    care to. but to bring my name within that thread
    in an attempt to discount me or my credibility
    is exactly what i consider potshotting....

Well, Shatzy's biggest fear about to be exposed, I get to explain why what you think is a potshot is not a potshot.

Your buddies gang up on me periodically. You then use their comments as some type of Hostboard mandate against me in your own posts, you've done this on more than one occasion.

Do you get the connection?

Do you get it? Do you get it Shatzy. Don't make conclusions about my ideas as if you speak for some other group and then use your friends comments about me as your supporting "evidence" to your point of view.

And if you do, then of course I'm going to return the potshot. Do you get it, RETURN THE POTSHOT, not start one. Don't use your buddies comments as some kind of "proof" about my behavior or ideas, and I won't use them and you in the same breath.

Now, even though I explained why what I did was not a potshot, but a return response to your potshot, you'll just ridicule the answer and insult me some more, Thereby proving that you can't stand that I don't potshot. (Gosh, now you've got me pre-predicting how you are going to react)

you had no business to bring my name up in that
    thread in the manner that you did.

Explained above.

this is not the first time this has happened.

keep it up....

Explained above.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 27, 2003 01:23 AM: Message edited by: Super-8mm in the DigitalAge ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

you want potshots, alex??? here you go....

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Super-8mm in the DigitalAge:
    You're like a FUKING BROKEN RECORD, nothing I have ever suggested has EVER been complimented by you...EVER, ever.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

is THAT what you are after??? my approval??
    BWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!

/////no Shatzy, it's called fairness./////////

so f.r.i.g.g.i.n. what?

i think SOME of your ideas are dumb. i have a right to that... thanks. and FYI -- i've complemented you on your ideas
    before... you've just never seen them.

/////// to quote you....BWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!yeah right, find one //////////

For the record, up until a few months ago, ALL HOSTBOARD forums were 40 topics per page, that was the standard. As for more bandwidth, why? Each forum uses up less pages as a result. If only one forum wants to expand, Quick will receive $120.00 per year, one front page on one forum isn't going to affect bandwidth, and you know that. If more want extra topic posts on page one, then Quick starts making more money.

If at some point, more bandwidth is needed, than the money recieved would probably be more than what is needed to offset the "extra" bandwidth that until a few months ago was not deemed "extra" bandwidth.

have you actually done the research into your 'plan'??? or is it mere rambling? exactly how far do you think your $120 a year would go in as far as HB is concerned? and exactly how many possible forums do you think are going to hop on that idea??? why pay for a stupid feature as 40-50 topic threads when they can get 25 FOR FREE????

USE YOUR THICK SKULL!!!!

////////why, why, why? Why do anything? Why, Shatzy already knows the answer! Shatzy knows all and knows what the people want, even without the people trying it out! Yes posters who only leave one a post a month want to see it fall of page one as quickly as possible!///////////////

(Alex sighs about women and math, now he's being told by a women that 25 posts on page one is the same as 40 or 45 posts on page one???)

...Several potshots in there.

I notice a HUGE difference between 25 versus 40 posts on the front page, ESPECIALLY now that we can do stickies. The difference becomes 100% less new topic posts per forum if a moderator has just 5 stickies on page one. This isn't based on a "whim", as you put it. It's based on thoughtful analysis.

analysis my a.s.s.....
    its based on an alex whim. you hardly get posters
    anyway... but now you wanna argue extending your
    forums to a larger field of view??? for what???

//////////Well, considering my Super-8 forum currently has 1,000 more views than Acropolis does, what can I say when you write something like "you hardly get any posters"????

I consider Acropolis an active forum, yet you turn around and call my super-8 forum, which has 1,000 more views than yours, a place that "hardly get's any posters". //////////

see my above comment... no one will pay for this feature.

///////then it really isn't going to be much of a big deal to implement then, is it?////////////

I don't understand your point.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

of course you don't. rolleyes
    the only thing you understand is the sound of
    your own voice reverberating off the inside of your head.

//////I ask for a clarification, I get ridiculed//////////

The point is your forum loses it's first page topics pretty quickly, just as one of my forums also does. If you are fine with that, fine, but that doesn't negate my interpretation of how others may feel. It's my opinion based on the fact that most people don't get past page one most of the time, unless they have already posted on a subject and want to re-visit it even after it has left page one. Most of the people who bring a post back to page one have already posted on it. So in fact, having 15 extra topic posts on page means an extra 1 day to 3 days of 1st page shelf life for anyone to instantly see a topic post and respond. That's a good thing in most instances.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

so does bumping.... or effective managment.
    wanna analysis of how well your board gets viewed
    by guests seeking the proverbial second page bliss?

just ask me..... i watch

/////////Just how do you watch all those forums at the same time anyway, and why?//////////////

Gosh, you sound like Rick Dees when he talked about his 7 listeners.

You also sound like a a bible thumper. "The bible says..." "The Hostboard says...if you don't know better, then screw you..."

charming.

jesus you ARE dense.
    you only read what you want to read... interpret
    what you will.. it bothers me not.
    but there are not enough people to sit around and
    babysit the people that refuse to read FAQs and
    learn the mechanics of a message board system.

////it's really not for you to judge how people use Hostboard, (although you think it is), it's more about what works best, irrespective of what you think or want.//////////

I never saw the topic post you speak of. As you recall, I asked a while back when did we switch to 25 topics. The response by Quick was "two months ago", Obviously I missed the annoucement.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

but yet... you are so hip on HB that you know
    all about bandwidth and other feature resources, eh? clever. rolleyes

////// I miss one of Steven's posts, and this is the hostile reaction I receive from you./////////

Since I never saw that topic post that you claim I saw, then that puts the kibash on this point.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

you saw......... because you posted. keep up.

///////Sigh. No I didn't, calm down./////////

Your buddies gang up on me periodically. You then use their comments as some type of Hostboard mandate against me in your own posts, you've done this on more than one occasion.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

this is........again.......incorrect.
    my 'buddies' are irrelevent. they are individual
    people speaking out against something you have
    said. they speak for themselves.

////////more BS. I love how the little cliques that hang together always bray the loudest when they are called on their wolfpack mentality and actions. /////////

i would gladly offer support to my claims against
    you if you ever traveled outside of your obsession
    with me and posted on other places (in which potshots by alex could be revealed).

///////this is just crazy. What obsession with you, you are the one who has ruined this topic post, THAT IS LOCATED ON MY FORUM!!!///////////

should i venture to the other S8 board for more alex potshots? or does that connect to me? ahhh... yes, it does connect to me.

///////once again, any banter you find on that particular forum will be from the same two idiots who ganged up on me before.//////

then where shall i look for more alex potshots?
    hmmmm.... teenybopper forums you post on?

//////////////

Now this is rich. You posted a link on your forum once to a high school debate forum and call it interesting...

I post a follow-up question about Paul Wellstone, and you try and turn it into something illegitimate, Give it a rest. ///////

but then, that would come back to me as some sort
    of 'unjust' thing i'm doing to you.

///////you just implied something rather tasteless, and you know it.//////////

the thing is..... no matter what you say...
    you had no business in bringing my name into that
    thread. whether those people post on my board,
    i post on their board, or whatever... nothing
    in that thread applied to me...

until you made it so.

//////they're your people, when you quit referring to them (as you have in the past) as some type of "consensus" against me, then I'll quit associating them with you...is that so hard to understand?///////

if you would like... i shall research potshots
    you have made without any initial prompt....

////////I don't think you should waste your time, lets just say for everyone you find on me, I could find 20 that you done towards me, you interpret that however you want.///////////

just say the word, and i'm all on it.

but i will say this...
    if you bring my name up one more time like that
    in a post in which has no reason to be, 1quickSI
    will be notified.

////////// That's just a threat, pure and simple. We both know Quick would probably never side with me about anything that has to do with you.

Don't use your friends comments against me, including your boyfriend TG, or Tard, as justification for a position that goes against me, and I won't mention them either.//////////

(Gosh, now you've got me pre-predicting how you are going to react)</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

there's that non-word again....

////But it fits.//////

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 27, 2003 04:29 AM: Message edited by: Super-8mm in the DigitalAge ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by TastinGood:
    I agree with Shatzy's points.

I could see the pay per month thing going to something much more useful than 50 topics per page.

You potshotter you.

see what I mean. Shatzy's signifcant bother always agrees with Shatzy when we have a disagreement.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What's really amazing TG, is that my idea could benefit Acropolis, not only could not admit that and even agree that my suggestion was a good idea, you had to ridicule it with the following quote...

"I'd pay 10 bucks a month for an "Alex Whimsical Post" filter."

ha, ha, ha.

your idea is not a good idea, IMO.

number one... it carries too much weight in
    concerns to HB bandwidth... and the few -- if
    not ONE board (yours) monthly payment isn't
    enough to make the change.

number two... forty-fifty topic posts per page
    is no different than 25 topic posts per page...
    why not ask for 100?? you are not helping the
    situation by requesting more trivial board
    adjustments (based on whim). people will still
    have to learn the value of clicking either the
    SHOW ALL TOPICS pull-down or the small topic
    page number... regardless of how many topic posts
    are per page.

number three... if a person is curious enough
    about topics beyond the 25 topic post limit...
    they can do the clicking... my first two items
    on this list isn't enough to allow for the FEW
    people wanting to visit old(er) topics.

also... because YOU think something is a good
    idea does not necessitate it being a good idea
    for all of HB. So bringing the 'it could benefit
    the acropolis' bs up is just that... BS.
    the regulars to my board have seen and responded
    as much as possible to threads now on page 2-X.
    if someone feels the need to resurrect a topic
    post, so be it. they are familiar with the forum
    enough to find it (through search) or clicking.

if you are referring to the 7 or so guests or
    the occassional wanderer that i get every week
    or so... screw em. they should learn the ways of
    HB. 25 topics posts per page... 50 topic posts
    per page... its all irrelevent.
    if you recall, 1quickSI made that very clear upon
    transition to HB2... that the topic posts per
    page would be shortened because of technical
    resources.

it would be advantageous of you to remember
    certain facts or insights about HB before
    offering suggestions to the admin. I said this
    on the other topic you started a few weeks ago.

and one more thing:

Why is it that some of Shatzy's friends offer little in the way of thoughtful contribution and much in the way of negative ridicule?</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

(as seen in this link: CLICK! )

is what i will deem a potshot to me.
    i had not posted in that thread... nor do i
    care to. but to bring my name within that thread
    in an attempt to discount me or my credibility
    is exactly what i consider potshotting....
    you had no business to bring my name up in that
    thread in the manner that you did.

this is not the first time this has happened.

keep it up.....

TastinGood

I agree with Shatzy's points.

I could see the pay per month thing going to something much more useful than 50 topics per page.

You potshotter you.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456