Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I witnessed a car-o-cide yesterday.

I was stopped at a light alongside of a car making funny sounds. As the driver made a right turn, I heard the engine fiercely knocking and pinging. It sounded like the engine was severely overheating. I watched the car complete it's turn and I saw slight whisps of steam leeching out from under the hood.

I decided to "help" this person by warning them that they could be doing irrevocable damage to their car's engine if they continued to drive it in this overheated state. I bypassed the burger joint (where I was to get a veggie burger and steak fries [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img] ) and made a right at the next light. I knew I would bump into this person again because the road they took curves into the intersection I was going to.

I saw the car and had pulled up alongside them just as they turned off the main road! I assumed they were going to stop, but they kept going. I finally caught up to the car and as I pulled alongside the car the driver scowled at me.

I said... "You're ruining your engine."

He replied, "I'm almost home", and then "This car is nothing but problems, I don't care, I'm giving the car away anyway". [img]confused.gif[/img] [img]eek.gif[/img]

I then realized then that the best thing I could do was not know this person nor their name, where they lived, nor let them know who I was, etc.

Could you imagine seeing someone drop a cake onto the ground and as they pick it up they explain, "It's alright, I'm giving it to a friend".

This car was not that old. The car was a black, sporty looking car and I think it might have had spoilers in the rear. So it's not like it's some ugly car that would have just been donated to charity for a deduction. In other words, the car was being groomed as a trap for the unsuspecting recipient of this soon to be "free" gift.

Some people don't deserve the skin they're in, or maybe they do? [img]graemlins/car.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 28, 2003 12:33 AM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, it happened again!

This time it was the metal screeching sounds that car brakes make when they are getting very thin and are in need of replacement. Happened in a parking lot, I had worked with the person that day.

As we were leaving in our separate cars I heard their car brakes squeak, I mentioned what I thought it might be, and was informed... "It's OK, I'm donating the car to a charity very soon". [img]tongue.gif[/img]

wow. People and their inanimate possessions. Once they don't need it anymore and it will be going to someone else, it's OK to abuse it. No wonder we abuse animals, how do they stand a chance when we treat them like property, aka like our cars.