Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the other topic - the one where I first made mention of the 'Ghost Fleet' some time back...

Anyway this is the latest (taken from my local papers website):

MPs call for inquiry into fleet contract

MPs have called for an inquiry into the ghost fleet contract.

Members from all parties demanded an urgent investigation into exactly how the decaying American ships were approved for sailing.
    Their call came after Government Environment Minister Elliott Morley said the ships should be sent back to America.
    Speaking in Parliament yesterday, he said: "The Government's position is clear - these ships should turn back."
    He was responding to the latest twist in the row which saw the Environment Agency withdraw its approvals for the ?11million contract - first revealed in the Hartlepool Mail.
    But now it has emerged officials in the United States ignored a warning not to allow the controversial fleet to set sail in the first place.
    Confirmation that Able UK did not have permission to create a dry dock forced the Environment Agency to tell the US Maritime Administration that the 13 contaminated vessels should not leave moorings in Virginia.
    But just three days later, two ships sailed for Hartlepool followed a few days later by two more.
    Mr Morley added: "When it became clear that there might not be all the correct consents in place, the Environment Agency contacted the US authorities on October 3 - before the ships sailed - and its advice was the ships should not leave the US. The first ships sailed on October 6."
    He said there must be a "full evaluation of why there has been these problems and what lessons we can learn".
    Opposition MPs have now called for an urgent inquiry into the ghost fleet contract.
    Tory Environment spokesman David Lidington said the "muddle" would fail to convince people the Government could "protect the environment against pollution."
    And Liberal Democrat spokesman Norman Baker said the "rusting hulks" should return to avoid tarnishing Britain with the reputation as a "rubbish dump".
    Meanwhile, Hartlepool Mayor Stuart Drummond has demanded the ships are turned around.
    He said: "I think it is absolutely critical that the ships turn round and head back to the United States to bring an end to this farce."

05 November 2003

http://www.hartlepooltoday.co.uk/Vie...ticleID=686902

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Your default setting is probably set to 20 days. If you change your default setting to more than that, the post should reappear.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the setting is for the last 60 days(i think)...it matters not anyway 'cos I opted to view all posts or whatever that option reads. I only scanned down quickly to be honest and hence couldn't find it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Did you set your default setting to 60 days or was that how it was set when you registered?