Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Scariest thing about gay marriages is that their offspring will rise up and do in mainstream society. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I wonder if the raising of children by a gay couple is in reality the one issue that is hardest to come to terms with for mainstream society.

The other issue that I have heard mentioned is that without the possibility of having children the life long commitment of a gay couple would have less meaning. Yet the divorce rate for current marriages who reproduce is somewhere around 50%-60%.

I suppose that seeing a gay couple hugging and kissing in public would make mainstream society uncomfortable.

But let me add this, I find it uncomfortable to see mainstream society making out in public because I don't need that as a motivation or reaffirmation for me to get married or find a mate.

In a way it is quite sad if mainstream society would be revulsed by having to see a gay couple make out in public while the gay couple perhaps does not get revulsed seeing a mainstream couple make out.

I say ban it all! I find it disgusting that people feel there lives are so "safe" and problem free that they can make out in public without giving it a second thought. Here I am in public making out with my mate, so I'll just put up my imaginary force field that guarantees no harm will come to me or my mate, no one will rob us, no person will knock into us by accident, cars will avoid us because I'M KISSING THE ONE I LOVE, I hereby declare that all problems will hereby stop until I am done kissing my mate!

Isn't it possible that a gay couple may represent the ideal socioeconomic model for a planet that continues to increase population AND consumption of non-renewable resources?

Which is "worse" a mainstream society couple that creates 10 non-renewable resources sucking kids, or a gay marriage that doesn't reproduce any?

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 20, 2004 09:58 AM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nothing scary about gay marriages. I don't understand why people think gay realtionships are that different from het ones. You'd be surprised how common and "normal" everything is.

And, many, many gay couples have children (particularly among lesbians).

I agree about public displays of affection to a point. I don't care for them, I find them distracting. And, I find het ones extra offensive because I couldn't get away with the same thing (though, again, I wouldn't want to). Of ocurse, it's a free country, so to each his own.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Branflakes:
    Of course, it's a free country, so to each his own.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nice of you to say that considering it's probably frowned upon a zillion times more for a gay couple to make out in public than a heter couple.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, it appears the scariest thing about gay marriages is that they helped re-elect what's his name.