Thread: DOES SPIRITUALITY BELONG IN MOVIES?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've recently seen two films made that were both spiritual, in that the main characters go through a revelation, an internal change. I have to see that I was moved by both, but I wondered, is spirituality the job of movies? Should we be getting spiritual revelations in the church on in our neighbor? Movies?

The movie that I saw was White Knuckles, and the other was called Blue in Green.

there's more information on the white knuckles website, or the message board, which is here:

[ame="http://www.sabiforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3"]http://www.sabiforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3[/ame]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Shalom,

If the writer has a "spiritual" view of things, should he be forced to separate himself from his work? This is what you are asking them to do. I do not often agree with the views that are made by these people but I don't restrict them either. When I know that they have a viewpoint that differs from mine I simply do not go to see what they have done. Case-in-point. I did not go to see movie just shown by the atheist, 'golden whatever' it was called????? The same is true of the rest of the world. They often do not come to 'church' because it is a view that they do not agree with. I do not go to a mosque for the same reason, etc.... If in this country we are going to believe in freedom of religion and choice then we must allow them to be expressed until they start being "required" then the line must be drawn in the sand!

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 14, 2008 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Semachiah ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: DOES SPIRITUALITY BELONG IN MOVIES?

Yes Spirituality belong in movies because It is reflect our inner character

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Broreart View Post
    Yes Spirituality belong in movies because It is reflect our inner character

Agreed.

In this Universe,

the Spirit is everywhere ....
    guns kill people,

like spoons made rush limbaugh,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Spiritual movies are films that have a spiritual message or theme. These movies may be religious, inspirational, or even political. They may be about faith, hope, love, peace, justice, equality, tolerance, forgiveness, redemption, etc. There are many different types of spiritual movies, including Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, and others. Monkey Horoscope 2023