Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Some people prefer the anonymity. My signature bears my name, so I don't mind. It's all good.

Sort of related (at least to the broader topic of stories and what they reflect about a people): I was thinking on my drive to Des Moines last week about how many movies I've seen where you have some authority - e.g., the government, or some scientist, or a rich man, etc. - sitting on the cure for some disease, or knowing some secret which could make people free, or hiding some sort of information which would right all wrongs, and it takes some rogue individual to disobey or rebel in order to ultimately set things right again. I was specifically thinking about the movie Outbreak, but it seems to apply to several others.

Do y'all see this pattern in other stories? Do you think it reveals anything about us as a people or a culture, any ingrained attitudes or desires or needs?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Chasing Sophia:
    [QB]Some people prefer the anonymity. My signature bears my name, so I don't mind. It's all good./QB]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">For the sake of convenience and consistancy I use all four intials. Feel free to blow my cover by using my real name.

Sincerely,
    Clark Kent

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Incredible Hulk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12