Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A few days ago I ran across one of those "Bigfoot flew in on a flying saucer and mutilated my time traveling Yeti" type TV shows. Having had passing interests in UFO's and the general paranormal for much of my life, I thought I would ask the group their thoughts on the subject--specifically, but not limited to extra-terrestrial life.

Does the Bible say that this is God's only creation?

Has an actual born again Christian seen an alien spacecraft, or are these "sightings" limited to non-believers?

I think it is safe to say that people are actually seeing something. Could it be a spiritual or supernatural phenomena?

While admittedly outlandish and largely speculative, I have long thought this issue to be worth some consideration.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'll give this one a shot; This is one of those subjects that nobody likes to talk about much in the Christian world. No, the bible does not state that our world is the only one created. God is a omniciant being, and very well could have created more than one universe or world or even species on other planets. I would think it narrow minded to think we are the only one.

There are a lot of people who have claimed to have experiences with aliens. To this, I am skeptical. Given, it could be true. But I do also think that the supernatural activity can be caused by demonic forces that try to draw Christians away from God. Demons can manifest themselves in the likeness of humans/aliens.

It's a topic that people can get hung up on, but I woudn't. I'm not going to be concerned if there are or aren't aliens. There are so many mysteries; a see of ambiguity. If I focus on those, I loose my focus on God. Someday I will have the answer to this and other mind-boggling questions. Right now I will focus on God and His grace.

-Fish-