Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] "As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it. There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day. For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it. I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say."
    ~John 12:47-50

Jesus said this.^

[img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] So watch yourselves.
    "If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him.
    Luke 17:3

[img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age
    Matthew 28:19-20

I just wanted to try to explain to you why I started this board. It was not to judge people or make them angry. I try not to judge people. I am a sinner too. God is the only one with the right to judge anyone. I do not judge you. I do not have the right to judge you. I do not deserve to judge you. All I try to do is warn you, tell you, like the Bible said to. The verses from Matthew are commonly known as The Great Commission. It is something all Christians are called to do.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Tra, those are all beautiful examples of why you started this board, and a good reminder why I came over here. We have been called to be disciples of the Lord, and this is just one small way of fulfilling The Great Comission!

Emma

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, you SAY you believe in those values - but it's right-wing Christians who like the death penalty.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<< The verses from Matthew are commonly known as The Great Commission. It is something all Christians are called to do. >>

Actually, to the best of my knowledge, Catholics don't go out and try to purposely convert people. Which is probably why I've never been good about witnessing. I just try to live a good life and help people, and if they want to know about what I believe I tell them and try to help them to understand it. I hope this counts enough, because I don't know if I could do the door to door thing, though I guess if I was in a group I would give it a try. But on my own I don't go around telling people about Jesus without being asked first. Does it say we have to tell people that haven't first asked or that living a good life and explaining why we do the things we do is not enough?

I defintely need to find a church! I've narrowed it down between a Catholic church, an Episocpal church and a Reformed church. I think this week I will call them all and see what the mood of the church is...though I feel strongly about Catholicism.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Great Commission does not say HOW you are supposed to share the Gospel.

Good luck finding a church!

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 21, 2007 12:41 AM: Message edited by: Tra ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<< The Great Commission does not say HOW you are supposed to share the Gospel.
    Good luck finding a church! >>

Hmmm...that's something to think about, isn't it? How we can each share the Gospel in our own unique ways. Maybe that would make a good thread?

Inactive Member the happy heathen's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hate the Sin and Not the Sinner

This slogan has never made any sense to me whatsoever.

I'll dig up the good old homosexuality can of worms to give you an example of why it doesn't. When you viciously hate and oppose the "terrible sin" of two people of the same sex marrying and support outlawing their right to do so, you are causing all kinds of major problems for homosexual people(ie, being unable to enjoy the benefits of a legal union, being classified as unfit to adopt children, etc.) Sure, saying "I hate the sin of homosexuality, not the sinners" is a prettier way of talking than saying "You evil f_ags deserve to have c_rappy lives," but you're just playing around with semantics. The meaning behind it is still the same. The impact is still the same.

And incindentally, if it's okay to say "I hate homosexuality but not homosexual people" is it also okay to say "I hate black skin but not black people"?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Homosexuality is a choice, not something genetic or natural. That said, there is nothing good about homosexuality and it causes many problems for those who practice it and those who are affected by it. I hate homosexuality as a sin but I love homosexuals as children of God and misguided people who need to be shown the error of their ways because THAT IS WHAT IS BEST FOR THEM AND EVERYONE AROUND THEM!

Inactive Member the happy heathen's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh dear, I see we're writing in all caps now! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] How upset you've become!

I wish those dirty homosexuals could see all the terrible pain they've caused you by loving the people they love. [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

And I'm sure they'd all switch their sexuality around right away if you screamed YOU MUST CHANGE FOR THE GOOD OF US ALL! in their faces.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry, that's not screaming. It is just that way because I don't know how to do bold.

There is a difference between love and lust.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast