Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

27"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31Do to others as you would have them do to you.
    32"If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. 33And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that. 34And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full. 35But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.
    Luke 6:27-36

Put it in context.
    Try reading the whole Bible...then argue with me.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 09, 2007 01:16 AM: Message edited by: Tra ]</font>

JabberwockyPie

Tra, you have your Lil' Board of Hate, as we "in the know" refer to it. Why don't you just leave the non-Christians alone on the other boards?

Not everyone feels so threatened by another belief system that they feel the need to squash it.

The role of "oppressed, holier-than-thou Christian victim" is getting old. Why don't you just get a portable cross so that you can hop up and nail yourself to it when you're feeling like a martyr?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Look who's talking!

JabberwockyPie

Originally posted by Tra:
    Look who's talking!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'll admit it, I'm prejudiced against whiny little girls who try to impose their beliefs on others.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that. I like 99% of all Christians I've met. You're the only one who complains about how the mere existence of religions different from your own is "eroding your rights".

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You like anyone who lets you do whatever you want without saying that it may be harmful to yourself or others. Aren't you the one trying to impose YOUR beliefs that "Everything is permissible" on me?

JabberwockyPie

You like anyone who lets you do whatever you want without saying that it may be harmful to yourself or others. Aren't you the one trying to impose YOUR beliefs that "Everything is permissible" on me?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You know, this is the only time I've seen you get really angry. I do believe I won my bet.

The ironic thing here is that if I get bored stop posting you'll assume you won.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What makes you think I'm angry? I'm having fun, actually.

And I won't assume that...you will never see my POV and thus I will never win with you.

JabberwockyPie

Tra, you often tell us that everything in the bible is true and right. Therefore, I have a proposal: as a good Christian, how about letting me borrow Nellie and Ariel?

"Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back." -Luke 6:30

"But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked." -Luke 6:35

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Look who's talking!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why do you always insisted that we feel threatened by "the truth", even as you fail to give one reason that it is, in fact, the truth?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have given plenty of reasons that you refuse to see or acknowledge...I have said this plenty of times and I will not say it again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast