Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by EmmaMuffin:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by zozey:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by EmmaMuffin:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by zozey:
    Cool. And the fact that there is more bad than good means that Satan [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] rules over God [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img] ?

<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ January 12, 2007 10:03 PM: Message edited by: zozey ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Satan by no means rules over God. God is the Creator of the world, and ruler of all things. All the bad around us shows how corrupt this world has become, not that Satan rules over God. I would suggest reading Genesis and read about the creation of the world, and how Satan is deomoted and will,"crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life." Genesis 3:14. Satan is a serpent, and nowhere in the Bible does it say he is higher than God, the maker of all things.

~Emma
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The book of genesis is what I call the book of **** . or **** . take your pick. Give me proof that God created the world and I will believe you. And NO you have not given me any proof.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Read the first verse of the first chapter of Genesis. Here is a link http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...1;&version=31;

Also, as you may know, the Dead Sea Scrolls were recently discovered in Caves near the dead sea, and they were books of the Bible. The Dead Sea Scrolls are some of the oldest books in existence, and many historians have come to believe these to contain truth. I think that Genesis shows the creation of the world and is very good proof.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They could be real... but if we weren't around for it how would we know?
    Maybe some crazy man just wrote down a story he made up and stuck it in a cave.

Inactive Member the happy heathen's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Also, as you may know, the Dead Sea Scrolls were recently discovered in Caves near the dead sea, and they were books of the Bible. The Dead Sea Scrolls are some of the oldest books in existence, and many historians have come to believe these to contain truth. I think that Genesis shows the creation of the world and is very good proof.

Emma Muffin, I just can't wrap my mind around how exactly you think your paragraph above is proof of the correctness of your religion.

I don't really dispute Sentence 1 ("the Dead Sea Scrolls were recently discovered in Caves near the dead sea, and they were books of the Bible"). Yup, they were discovered near the Dead Sea (hence the name!) and 50+ years ago is recently enough, I suppose.

I don't really have a huge problem with Sentence 2 either ("The Dead Sea Scrolls are some of the oldest books in existence, and many historians have come to believe these to contain truth"). Yup, they're old. I'm sure historians agree about that. And probably some religious historians already thought the texts were true.

But how in the world does Sentence 3 ("I think that Genesis shows the creation of the world and is very good proof") connect us back in any way to Sentences 1 and 2? It doesn't. You're just tacking your own belief at the end of the paragraph, trying to make it seem legit.

Also, are you aware of how much controversy surrounds the Dead Sea scrolls? For decades, there has been major debate over who authored the documents, as well as evidence of the Vatican suppressing certain documents from publication. So, you see, even the religious folks can't agree about the scrolls.

But all this aside, your argument that old documents = true documents is not sound. Just because I find a prehistoric goatskin that tells me trees eat squirrels doesn't mean I have to believe it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123