Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Technically, yes. But the Christian God is the same God who created the world. His rules, ways, etc. have always been around.

Welcome to the board. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I suppose you ouldn't be happy to hear that I say "Holy Jesus God!" as my exclamation.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do not post anything that may harm the spiritual health of another member is the number one rule here.

Thus no posting links to offensive websites or having offensive, member-bashing signiatures, avatars, profiles, etc.

Thanks!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Tra:
    And NO USING THE LORD'S NAME IN VAIN!!!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">tra, did you ever hear about editing your posts? On most forums you'd be banned for this thread.

Why should it be a forum rule that we subscribe to your beliefs? Doesn't that defeat the point of a debate? Which is most of what this forum is.
    Yes, I am aware that I just said jesus god. It's my and Zozey's catchphrase. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Do not do anything that will harm the spiritual health of another member or yourself.

Also: remember I am the only mod, and I cannot be on 24/7 so if someone breaks the rules and I do not do something about it right away, don't assume I'm not going to do anything at all.
    I will try to do as little moderating as possible, though, as one of the reasons for this board is a sort of CIVIL and CHRISTIAN free expression.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The spiritual health of myself? Well, that's my choice. I don't believe in god. GOMZ BANNED

<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ February 04, 2007 02:17 PM: Message edited by: stormchaser ]</font></font>

<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ February 04, 2007 02:19 PM: Message edited by: stormchaser ]</font></font>

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 13, 2007 09:22 PM: Message edited by: Tra ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Technically, yes. But the Christian God is the same God who created the world. His rules, ways, etc. have always been around.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I wish you would accept this. It doesn't make God any less glorious.

The Bible was written by people. People who were probably very wise and close to God. But people aren't all the same, and with a book written over such a long period of time by so many writers, it's no wonder that there are multiple contradictions. But the way people think evolves, which is why the Old Testament says an eye for an eye and Jesus says turn the other cheek.(Explain that one away, why don't you.) The older stuff is more primitive and the newer stuff is more complex. Personally, I disregard all of the bible except for what Jesus taught. I think he was definitely a very wise man, and he must have hit upon something, because what he taught was extremely similiar to what most great teachers, especially Buddha, taught.

How does the Bible not being absolute, concrete truth make a difference?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by stormchaser:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Tra:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I wish you would accept this. It doesn't make God any less glorious.

The Bible was written by people. People who were probably very wise and close to God. But people aren't all the same, and with a book written over such a long period of time by so many writers, it's no wonder that there are multiple contradictions. But the way people think evolves, which is why the Old Testament says an eye for an eye and Jesus says turn the other cheek.(Explain that one away, why don't you.) The older stuff is more primitive and the newer stuff is more complex. Personally, I disregard all of the bible except for what Jesus taught. I think he was definitely a very wise man, and he must have hit upon something, because what he taught was extremely similiar to what most great teachers, especially Buddha, taught.

How does the Bible not being absolute, concrete truth make a difference?
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I totally agree with you.

[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

we all want to act like good Christians here.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">*raises eyebrows* Wow, stormchaser, she knew how you want to act even before you did (note the sarcastic tone)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12