Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: abortion debate- has anyone heard of her??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sigh. I couldn't disagree more. This country IS way too liberal.

And since when did the constitution garuntee freedom of religion adn freedom from religion.

No one is forcing anyone to convert to Christianity. We just ask that people do what is right.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

By doing what is right accoring do YOUR religion. That is asking them to convert to Christianity Tra. Either that or do what they do not believe in. Not everyone follows Christianity so you cannot make them follow what is right by Christianity. Tra, are you suggesting that everyone who is not Christian has to be oppressed by what some people say is right? That is so undemocratic that I just cant wrap my mind around it.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 19, 2005 06:38 PM: Message edited by: *shortie* ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No one would be oppressing anyone. There are laws, though, for a reason...to keep people from doing that which is wrong. For example...laws against murder. Read my post in another thread. It talk about how laws are for the Godless. That is the point. Those of us who are Christian SHOULD (but do not always do) already be doing what is right. We don't need the laws...the Godless do. That's why they are there.

What is right is what is right. Wheher or not you believe it doesn't matter. For example...Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God. If you don't believe this, that doesn't make Him any less the Christ.

And speaking of democratic...seeing as how Christians are the majority, I think it would be very democratic.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, good then! If laws are for the godless, then I'm fine, because I do believe in God. Even if I am pro-choice and pro-love.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I said Christians SHOULD (but do not always do) what's right. Laws are for them, too, ya know.

Pro-love...everybody's pro-love. I am just pro-natural love as opposed to lust. If the Bible says being homosexual is wrong, then it is wrong. PERIOD THE END.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tra,
    From what I can tell, you are quite young. I don't mean to be condescending, but you are being very rude to me.

I am offended that you've insinuated that the love I share with my partner is soley lust. Adults do not spend their entire relationships having sexual relations with each other. There is much more to a relationship than sex.

In fact, we've been together so long I'd say there's hardly any lust at all! If you honestly believe that love between two people of the same gender boils down to lust alone, then I question how familiar you are with gay people. Do you know any outside of the internet?

We are not all like the stereotypes depicted on television. Sex is only one facet of our lives, just as it is for heterosexual people. Before you cast judgments on others, please try to learn more about who they are instead of making assumptions.

-Offred

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Everything you've just said I already knew. I don't mean to be rude, but isn't it obvious that all relationships are not about sex only? I wasn't saying it was. Just that homosexuality is wrong.

I've had gay friends. One of my best friends thought she was gay for a while. She even had a girlfriend. Her boyfriend thought he was gay for a while, too. In fact, she is the only girl I know who's dated her ex-boyfriend's ex-boyfriend.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The reason I said that was because you said your were "pro natureal love as opposed to lust." That pretty much implies that homosexual love is lust.

I'm sorry if I misinterpreted you.

I would like to know, however, if you consider homosexual to be love at all. Do you concede that it is love (albeit un-natural love, according to you) or do you think it is solely lust?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, I don't consider it real love. Love is natural. Now, you can love someone of the same sex as a friend, but not romantically.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How do you know it's not love if you've never felt it? That's a pretty dangerous assumption to make.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast