Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It is a sin, and all sins hurt everyone.

Romans 1:24-27
    Therefore, God gave them over int he sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of the bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth of God for a lie and worshipped and served created things rather than the Creator--who is forever praised. Amen. Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women adn were inflamed iwth lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

DUE PENALTY= negative consequences of sin.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How do sins hurt everyone?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sins hurt everyone because they lead people away from God. Each sin will hurt others in their own various ways, of course, but all sins lead the sinner and the people that sinner comes in contact with away from God. You can't just go to the Bible, read that it says something's a sin, and say "oh well, it's not really hurting anyone..." That's just not true. Following God means following His Word and His laws...the whole Bible.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tra,
    While your beliefs dictate that sin is anything that leads people away from God- you are still assuming that other people are Christian or that they subscribe to your beliefes.

The last time I checked, America is a nation that allows people the freedom of their religion. This was something explicitly hoped for by our founding fathers. White people came to what would be the US in search of religious freedom.

Basing United States law upon religious principles is WRONG. While I may find it highly distasteful, I understand that some people believe homosexuality is a sin. Such people have the freedom to believe what they should. However, they do not have the right to impose their beliefs on others who do not feel similarly.

The Bible also says interracial marriages are sinful. Do you believe that a black person marrying a white person should be put to death? Furthermore, if you really believe in following the Bible to a T, do you think homosexual people should be put to death?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would still like to know how homosexuality hurts people, other than "leading them away from God." I know many gay people who are fully committed to God, so I know that homosexuality isn't what leads people away from God.

What leads people away from the church is the intolerance of its members.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sins hurt everyone because they lead people away from God.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That statement doesn't make sense to me. Handmaid's love life is no concern of mine, and her decision is certainly not going to lead me down a similar path. I'm married, and I love my husband. How, exactly, does her "sin" (and I'm using the term loosely) lead me astray in the eyes of the Lord?

I would rather commend her for opening up her heart to the love of another person, although the path will be difficult for her and strewn with obstacles that are not of her own making.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Where does the Bible say interracial marriages are wrong? I don't recall it saying interracial marriages are wrong, unless you mean believers and non-believers. They are not supposed to intermarry because of the unequal yokes (one might lead another away from God).

Homosexuality hurts people. It does lead people away from God becaue it makes people think sins are okay even when they aren't. You can't say "it's not hurting anyone, so it's ok" because God says it isn't. If He says it isn't ok, it isn't, whether or not you can see why it is not ok.

Just because someone doesn't believe in God doesn't mean they are not subject to His laws. We will all bejudged according to God's laws eventually, and htose who didn't believe will be judged just as those who did.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tra, we are in a world with many religions. Many people worship God and do not worship in many, many ways.

In my heart of hearts, I know Jesus, God, and Mary do not think my life is wrong. I know they are happy that my partner and I (and millions of others) have found love with one another. I have faith that they are happy that despite the hatred of others, we continue to grow in our own faith.

Homosexuality is a fact of life. It has been found in every type of animal ever studied for the behavior. It's not going anywhere. It is a valid expression of sexual behavior and it is a valid expression of love.

In fact, there are some who believe Jesus and his disciples were homosexual. Why else would they eschew marriage? Personally, I could care less if Jesus is gay. What matters to me is his message of love. A message of love I am proud to bear. I most certainly do not think telling people that they are sinners for being in love is what Jesus wanted.

He said the least among us would be saved. Right now, the way gay people are treated, we are among the least. I honestly could care less if heaven exists. Why? Because my values have given me a life of love and happiness. I didn't spend my life angrily spouting intolerance. I've spent it well, honoring and respecting others.

That's something I don't think Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell can say.

Inactive Member StarTrekCaptain's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gay people always think everyone is gay. Jesus was gay, Emily Dickinson was gay, Einstein was gay, Da Vinci was gay....

Im not syaing they WEREN'T, its just that i get tired of people claiming EVERYONE was gay in history.

On a side note, ...I used to be gay, and I did the same thing [img]tongue.gif[/img] I would alwyas think, maybe this person was gay...lol

Inactive Member StarTrekCaptain's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All tolerance means is being wishy washy and allowing sin to go on. Here's my thinking- if someone is harassing you, the kids are being disrespectful, your friend is playing loud music, whatever- if you don't do naything about it, then you are TOLERATING it. Which means, you are ignoring and allowing a bad thing to continue, for the sake of avoiding confrontation, unhappiness, etc.
    So tolerance, to me, is not good. It just means you are allowing sin to go on.

However that is not to say we should be mean to people who don't believe as we do. Jesus wants us to be loving and kind- BUT NOT tolerate the sin.

Jesus doesn't want us to be "tolerant".
    He wants us to know what we know is right and carry the sword of faith, defending what is right and condeming sin, being accountable to others and holding each other accountable.

Matthew, Kings James Version:

10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

10:34 THINK NOT THAT I COME TO SEND PEACE ON EARTH: I COME NOT TO SEND PEACE, BUT A SWORD.

10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

10:36 And a man's foes [shall be] they of his own household.

10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

10:38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast