Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I feel the same way Ann, and youre welcome too. I actually looked up that church in the first place because I took a religion quiz and I got placed into that category. I live very close to the very hippie Ann Arbor-home of the University of Michigan-where there a number of congregations and Im really interested. Its not that I feel I need a church, but finding and being able to talk to others who are willing to actually think and discuss various spiritual ideas sounds very enlightening to me. Simply talking with others and their different ideas-as someone on here said awhile back-brings you closer to your own spirituality and gives you new ideas to consider.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've attended UU lectures and they are very fascinating and well-done. I love that they encourage critical thought.

There are about 4-5 UU Churches in my community. We don't attend the one near us because it sat with me oddly. Many of the people who profess non-Judeo-Christian faiths are people who don't understand them. For example, the type of person who goes to India for a summer and comes home Hindu. Since I come from a minority group myself, I found the way that these individuals treated non-JudeoChristian religions to be very fetishizing.

Outside of that, the people there were great! They have a great sex-ed curriculum given to pre and teen UU congregants to fill in the blanks on what schools leave out. They even learn about safe homosexual sex. I love that. Not talking about AIDS is not how to prevent it. Preventing STIs comes from showing folks how to prevent infection.

Each UU congregation is different, but I highly recommend checking them out!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456