Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yay! I'm proud too!!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm a conservative Jew. Meaning that I was mikvahed/named in the Jewish religion and Bat Mitzvahed. My husband IS Catholic, and even though I have gone to church with him, and him to synagogue with me, and I understand the Catholic Religion, I just find it so different then the 20 years of Judiasm that I learned-since I met him 5 years ago.

Judiasm believes that Jesus did exist, but is not the son of God. Pretty much the Old Testament is the only thing that we follow in the Torah. I'm not one that gets up if I am wished a Merry Christmas-but I am a preschool teacher, and try to incorporate diversity in my classroom; such as in my life. My husband has decided that our cats should be Catholic. We are raising our children Jewish though.

-Jordyn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Heehee, Jordyn, that is so cute that you have Catholic cats! Don't most religions believe the religion is passed down through the mother? I'm supposed to be Catholic because my mom is, even though my father was Jewish. As you can tell from my posts, though, it didn't sink in. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am a Christian. I am a Christian who strongly believes in Christ's tenet to love one another as we love Him. Therefore, I try to refrain myself from judging others' lifestyles and making intolerant and ignorant remarks about them until I have asked them individually about who they are.

I am pro-choice, because while I do not think abortion aligns with my religion- I do not feel that I can force my own religious values upon any other woman (or man, because transgender men can also be pregnant). There are many people whose religions or lack-thereof do not prohibit abortion, or allow certain forms. I believe in the separation of church and state and I believe in the right of all Americans to practice whichever religion they see fit. If I claim to believe in those tenets of the US, as well as identify as a Christian (whose primary message was LOVE), then I cannot support sanctions on a woman's right to choose.

I am also a lesbian. I believe God made who I am. I am happily partered and am planning for children. I am proud to be a gay Christian and there are many, many others like me.

Inactive Member StarTrekCaptain's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow. What is the world coming to when we have men getting pregnant. I didn't know that was even possible.

But anyway, you're right that you shouldn't judge them as a person...but you should not accept the sin either...if you are Christian, then you must know that Christianity is not an "everything is acceptable" kind of religion...there are clearcut rights and wrongs...you can't just take certain parts and leave certain parts...

I mean, you're right that its wrong to judge people, but as a Christian, you can't let that get to the point where you are ACCEPTING people's sin because you feel you shouldn't judge them for it.

As a Christian we are not to condone sin. Not in other people and not in ourselves either.
    By the way, I am a former lesbian too.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 17, 2005 01:23 PM: Message edited by: StarTrekCaptain ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, some transgender men (men who were born with female bodies but now live as men) have had children. In fact, I have a friend whose transgender husband is pregnant right now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok i get that...so they were born with female parts, so, that allows them to bear children...
    I thought you meant that men, (I mean born with male organs and male parts and all) were having babies and I was like whoah, how is that possible? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, I don't agree. I believe that it is God's purview to decide to condemn, not mine.

Does anyone remember the parable where the woman was about to be stoned for committing adultery? What did Jesus do? He said "let you without sin cast the first stone."

I believe in Jesus' message. I believe in His deliverance from sin. I believe in the Ten Commandments- and homosexuality is nowhere on there. In fact, where homosexuality is mentioned, it is specifically about MEN, not women.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah...but isn't men used a lot when they just mean people in general...like how people will say "he" but they mean everybody...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, but if I recall correctly the bible is refering to s*odomy. An act that cant be perfomed between two women without any uh...well..lol

Anywho, I think part of the bible is vague anyway.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 17, 2005 02:53 PM: Message edited by: *shortie* ]</font>

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast