Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite verses of the Bible!

talentedtwelve12

What are they?

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 16, 2006 10:28 PM: Message edited by: Tra ]</font>

talentedtwelve12

"'don't you understand?' Jesus asked, 'anything that you eat passes through the stomach and then goes out of the body. But evil words come from an evil heart and defile the person who says them'"
    -Matthew 15:16/17/18

talentedtwelve12

"So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today." Matthew 7:34

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I used to write down my favorite Bible verses! Here are a few:

John 3:16
    John 14:6

You are not a God who takes pleasure in evil; with you the wicked cannot dwell.
    ~Psalm 5:4

Jesus said to her, ?I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this??
    ~John 11:25-26

In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?
    ~Psalm 56:4

No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
    ~1 John 2:23

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
    ~Psalm 19:1

Love is patient, love is kind. It doesnot envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
    ~1 Corinthians 13:4-7

And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.
    ~1 John 4:16

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
    ~Romans 8:28

What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?
    ~Romans 8:31

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 28, 2006 09:40 PM: Message edited by: Tra ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here's my favourite.

---------------------WARNING - ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 13 PROBABLY SHOULDN'T READ THIS. OTHERWISE, SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT-------------------------------

Ezekiel 23:19-20 NET

Yet she increased her prostitution, remembering the days of her youth when she engaged in prostitution in the land of Egypt. She lusted after their genitals ? as large as those of donkeys, and their seminal emission was as strong as that of stallions.

Can't wait to hear THIS one preached in church.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 11, 2007 05:57 PM: Message edited by: stormchaser ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Put that in context. There is nothing wrong with that verse or any verse in the Bible.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Romans 8:38-39 is one of my favorite Bible Passages. It states:

"For I am convinced that neither life nor death, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to seperate us from the love of God, that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

I think this passage is a wonderful reminder of how as Romans 8:31 says, "If God is for us, who can be against us?" It is such a comforting verse to me, that no matter what trials arise, nothing, not even demons, will seperate us from God's love.

~Emma

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Tra:
    Put that in context. There is nothing wrong with that verse or any verse in the Bible.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Didn't say it was wrong, but it's **** funny.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Emma--I love those verses too. Romans is one of my favorite books! Great great comfort to be found there! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast