Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Your favorite verses of the Bible!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You praise ethics above God's perfect morals? There is no such thing as ethics without God....people would have no morals without God.

The only ones who squander their lives are the ones who live it only for themselves and live in decadence. Not Christians.

Emma has repeatedly explained to you God's reason for testing Abraham. I will try it one last time: God wanted Abraham to bless the rest of the world through Isaac, a direct ancestor of Christ Jesus who saves all who choose Him and grants them all eternal life.

Oh...and don't delude yourself. If there were no religion, there would still be division in the world. People would definately find something to hate about each other. It is human nature to be evil. Christianity is what HELPS LESSEN evil and division in the world. It would be horrible to have a world without Christians.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 13, 2007 10:36 PM: Message edited by: Tra ]</font>

Inactive Member the happy heathen's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You praise ethics above God's morals?

Yes. I do.

And I don't believe God "having a plan for the future" excuses his rotten treatment of others. That's like saying the Manson murders were justified because Charles Manson had a master plan the killings fit into.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

God does what's best for EVERYBODY. Abraham, Noah, etc. Isaac, too.

Inactive Member the happy heathen's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Tra:
    God does what's best for EVERYBODY. Abraham, Noah, etc. Isaac, too.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, and I'm sure Charlie's plan was what was best for EVERYBODY, too. Sadie, Tex, Squeaky, Sandy, Bobby, Katie, Lulu, Ouisch, Capistrano...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No. It wasn't.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Tra:
    What part did you read? I am very sorry you think it is funny. It is all true. Why can't you accept that? What is holding you back? The lack of scientific proof? Well, science is not everything and it cannot prove everything.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I skimmed. Some Genesis, some Abraham and Sarah. Course I liked Abraham and Sarah, but they don't exist. look it up. They were a story.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by zozey:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Tra:
    What part did you read? I am very sorry you think it is funny. It is all true. Why can't you accept that? What is holding you back? The lack of scientific proof? Well, science is not everything and it cannot prove everything.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I skimmed. Some Genesis, some Abraham and Sarah. Course I liked Abraham and Sarah, but they don't exist. look it up. They were a story.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What do you mean Abraham and Sarah didn't exist. They existed just as much as you and I exist. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that Abraham and Sarah were just a made up story. Also, God said Abraham's descendants would be as numerous as the stars. We are descendants of Abraham. How could we be descendants, the ones as numerous as the sky if Abraham was "just a story" and not a "real person?" Where do you think that it says Abraham was just a story, it isn't in the Bible, so I am not sure where you are getting your information.

~Emma

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You are right. The bible didn't say that they didn't exist. Scientists looked into it, did research, and guess what they found? Abraham and Sarah were a story.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by zozey:
    You are right. The bible didn't say that they didn't exist. Scientists looked into it, did research, and guess what they found? Abraham and Sarah were a story.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Where did you find this info, exactly?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234