Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by the happy heathen:
    There is no God. There are no devils, no angels, no heaven or h/ell. There is only our natural world and we can choose to make that world a better place by living ethically or make it a worse place by being intolerant, bigoted, irresponsible, and closed-minded.
    While you may find that hard to believe, it is the truth, and I am really hoping that you will be accepting of this and open your mind to this, and be willing to really hear the truth, and accept it.

Funny, ain't it? how I can use the exact same words to show you MY truth.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">One thing I have to say about this is that I think we make our own religous worlds. Perhaps that wasn't the best way to put it, but what I mean is that you think there is no God. I do. I don't think there is a wrong and right, I think that God is there for those who want him/her/other/nothing and isn't for those who don't. I believe there is a God. No, no I don't have proof. I know it makes no sense, but I feel more comforted that everything we do is meant to happen, and that when we die, there will be something else for us. When I am worried, I talk. Sometimes to my family, and sometimes to no one. That no one is God. I feel comforted after talking. And while I think that the feeling of believing that there is a God is better than any other, it isn't for you. that is fine.

I want two things for this board, that the Asthiests accept that for some people there is a God, and that the thumpers acept that some people don't have a God.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by zozey:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by the happy heathen:
    There is no God. There are no devils, no angels, no heaven or h/ell. There is only our natural world and we can choose to make that world a better place by living ethically or make it a worse place by being intolerant, bigoted, irresponsible, and closed-minded.
    While you may find that hard to believe, it is the truth, and I am really hoping that you will be accepting of this and open your mind to this, and be willing to really hear the truth, and accept it.

Funny, ain't it? how I can use the exact same words to show you MY truth.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">One thing I have to say about this is that I think we make our own religous worlds. Perhaps that wasn't the best way to put it, but what I mean is that you think there is no God. I do. I don't think there is a wrong and right, I think that God is there for those who want him/her/other/nothing and isn't for those who don't. I believe there is a God. No, no I don't have proof. I know it makes no sense, but I feel more comforted that everything we do is meant to happen, and that when we die, there will be something else for us. When I am worried, I talk. Sometimes to my family, and sometimes to no one. That no one is God. I feel comforted after talking. And while I think that the feeling of believing that there is a God is better than any other, it isn't for you. that is fine.

I want two things for this board, that the Asthiests accept that for some people there is a God, and that the thumpers acept that some people don't have a God.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Inactive Member the happy heathen's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I actually completely agree with you, zozey.

My point in throwing EmmaMuffin's words ("While you may find that hard to believe, it is the truth, and I am really hoping that you will be accepting of this and open your mind to this, and be willing to really hear the truth, and accept it") back at her was to illustrate how boneheaded and arrogant her statement was.

I don't actually believe I have a monopoly on the truth. But I don't believe anyone else does, either.

(And it doesn't matter how many times you say "NYAH NYAH it's the truth cuz God said so and he likes us best!" I'm not going to believe your truth is truer than anyone else's.)

Christianity (and most other religions, for that matter) does nothing for me, personally. But I do accept that some people love it. I truly don't have a problem with people being Christian if that makes them happy. My problem with some Christians, fundamentalists and literal bible readers in particular, is the major proselytizing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you have such a problem with "Bible thumpers" why are you here?

Inactive Member the happy heathen's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Because it amuses me how quickly you crumble when challenged, and I find it encouraging to see how most people--several mainstream Christians among them, incidentally--think you're completely off your rocker. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No one has crumbled when challenged. I have firmly maintained what I've been saying all along.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah... but you refuse to give any proof other than, "If there was no God han nothing else could exist!" So yes, you have stuck to your story, but unfortunatly for you, your story makes no sense and you have given no one a reason to believe you.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456