Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How do you explain that no one in North America was Christian before Europeans came here? You think an entire continent just ignored signs? And how were they supposed to get the Bible? Were there a few that just fell from heaven, but no one picked them up? Or did they all go to hades because they had the misfortune of not having written language?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, I think there were signs that were ignored. Everyone had and has the opportunity to learn of God. It doesn't have to be through written language. It can be through dreams, visions, missionaries, etc. God is moving in the world. He will make Himself known to all nations before He comes again.

Revelations 7:9 "After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands."

Revelations 5:9-10 "And they sang a new song:
    "You are worthy to take the scroll
    and to open its seals,
    because you were slain,
    and with your blood you purchased men for God
    from every tribe and language and people and nation.
    You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God,
    and they will reign on the earth."

mement0mori

I'm sorry, I have a question.

What happens to those who can't accept Jesus as their savior? Infants who are stillborn or die very young, aborted fetuses, people who are severely mentally handicapped or in comas... do they not go to heaven?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I believe that these are still given a chance to accept Jesus. Basically, there is no one who "can't" accept Jesus. Babies who die (whether inside or out of the womb) are still loved by God. He wouldn't take them or let them die without letting them have a chance to know Jesus and be Saved.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Tra:
    No. If we truly love God, we will obey Him. And only truly believing and loving God will set you free.

1 John 2:3
    We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands.

1 John 2:4-6
    The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Alright, let's obey god! Because his word is always true:

"The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father..." -- Ezekiel 18:20
    "I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation..." -- Exodus 20:5

"... the earth abideth for ever." -- Ecclesiastes 1:4
    "... the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up." -- 2Peter 3:10

-
    "... I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." -- Genesis 32:30
    "No man hath seen God at any time..."-- John 1:18

Or how about this? Ever sinned with your right hand, Tra? Maybe squashed a bug with it, therefore taking life? Did you ever see a guy with your right eye and think "Wow, he's hot." AH! LUST! Well, know you know what to do!

"If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into **** . And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into **** . (Mat 5:29-30 NIV)

[img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Put those in context.

And know when something is a figure of speech.

That said: In context, you can easily explain anything in the Bible that seems to contradict itself. Even when the Bible "contradicts itself" it is true and right.

Why does no one ever talk about the consistency of the Bible. How, even though parts of it were written hundreds and thousands of years apart it still tells the same story? This is because it was all written with those filled with the Holy Spirit and guided by the hand of God.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As Tra said, though the Bible may seem to contradict itself in parts, on further reading, you will find the answers, and things will make more sense. Also, I have found that the are so few passages of the Bible that really contradict themselves, and so many that make complete sense, yet only the few contradictory ones are brought up claiming the Bible "doesn't make sense." But what about the many that do make sense. Are those to be overlooked? No! The Bible should be read as a book in a whole, and not tear it apart, just looking for the parts that don't make sense to tear the Bible down.

~Emma

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Put those in context.

And know when something is a figure of speech.

That said: In context, you can easily explain anything in the Bible that seems to contradict itself. Even when the Bible "contradicts itself" it is true and right.

Why does no one ever talk about the consistency of the Bible. How, even though parts of it were written hundreds and thousands of years apart it still tells the same story? This is because it was all written with those filled with the Holy Spirit and guided by the hand of God.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">But it doesn't... the only stories in it that are consistent are the ones written by the same author. You of all people should know that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No...it's all consistent...of course it was all really written by those guided by God, so your statement that the consistency is in those things written by the same author is true, I suppose.

Have you even read the Bible? ALL of the Bible? Have you read Acts where Stephen talks about the History of the Jewish people and it is all consistent with what happened in the Old Testament? How about the Gospels where Jesus fulfills ALL the prophecies found in Isaiah or Jeremiah?

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 12, 2007 09:49 PM: Message edited by: Tra ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No...it's all consistent...of course it was all really written by those guided by God, so your statement that the consistency is in those things written by the same author is true, I suppose.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">*pictures "God" guiding someones hand* BWAHAHAHAHA!
    And what if those people who wrote the bible aren't guided by God? You have no proof that they are.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 12, 2007 09:49 PM: Message edited by: zozey ]</font>

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast