Thread: Global Warming...Fact or Fiction???

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

MissCurlyCat's comment in another thread got me thinking. I often thought global warming was exaggerated, but is it true at all? MissCurlyCat had a point... a bit of odd weather does not a global crisis make. Besides, we've seen that the world goes through cycles of weather patterns. Thus... the hurricanes, El Nino, La Nina, etc...not our fault.

What are your views?

MissCurlyCat

IMO.....

WE ARE NOT UNDER GOING GLOBAL WARMING! And if we are it will take hundreds of years of research and charting to know. Just because we have a week of weather in the warm 60?s now, it doesn?t mean global warming is happening!

Jusy my [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think sometimes it's a little overblown, but evidence suggests there is a global warming trend going on. How else do you explain the melting of the polar ice caps?

As I said in the veggie post, we've been given this great gift from God of a beautiful world to live in and enjoy...and quite honestly we're doing a really ****** job taking care of it.

MissCurlyCat

Originally posted by WhimsicalGypsy:
    I think sometimes it's a little overblown, but evidence suggests there is a global warming trend going on. How else do you explain the melting of the polar ice caps?

As I said in the veggie post, we've been given this great gift from God of a beautiful world to live in and enjoy...and quite honestly we're doing a really ****** job taking care of it.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I didn't say it ISN'T happening. I just said we don't know for sure yet. Most likly no for now, but if we keep going at this pace..........

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, it sure as heck isn't new age music melting the polar ice caps, lol. I think we're seeing global warming, but I do think there's still hope. We just have to start realizing the earth is a blessing, not a throw away commodity.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<< There is science and religion, and at one point, the two will collide. And one of these incidents is this: global warming. >>

Um...where does religion come in here? lol

And I just wanted to give you all my favorite quote about science and religion, said by my favorite fictional Catholic, Special Agent Dana Scully from X-Files:

"Science only tell us how, it doesn't tell us why."

*takes a bow*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fact.

There is science and religion, and at one point, the two will collide. And one of these incidents is this: global warming. The temperature will gradually rise, as studies show, making the ice caps extremely slowly (EXTREMELY SLOWLY) melt. Global warming is a fact. It is generated by pollutants in the air, caused by burning of resources, the thinning ozone which protects us from the sun's UV rays, the production and waste given off by factories, car pollutants, etc.

IMO [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I loved the X-Files!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

As to the quote...good one. I've often found that scientists think they know everything when really they don't. I mean, there are some things they're trying to figure out that we religious folks have had figured out for 2,000+ years! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Anyway... I'm off to start a thread about science and religion. (Thanks for the idea, guys!)