Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's been hard for me not to jump into this one, because I have been all over the religious battleground. I always knew in my heart I believed in God, but I lost contact with Jesus for almost a decade. Every day I am grateful that I came back to my true faith. But in those tentative times, almost six years of them, I would start to come back (to Christianity/Catholicism) and then I would jump off the path again. I will agree that when your faith is just begining you do need to treat it like an infant. I was so confused at a point in my life things like message boards did make me think differently of my faith.

HOWEVER...the greatest message of Christ was peace. He befriended the paupers and prostitutes, and He loved them as children of His father, even the sinners and non-believers.

Just a thought. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's been hard for me not to jump into this one, because I have been all over the religious battleground. I always knew in my heart I believed in God, but I lost contact with Jesus for almost a decade. Every day I am grateful that I came back to my true faith. But in those tentative times, almost six years of them, I would start to come back (to Christianity/Catholicism) and then I would jump off the path again. I will agree that when your faith is just begining you do need to treat it like an infant. I was so confused at a point in my life things like message boards did make me think differently of my faith.

HOWEVER...the greatest message of Christ was peace. He befriended the paupers and prostitutes, and He loved them as children of His father, even the sinners and non-believers.

Just a thought. [img]smile.gif[/img]

GreyMyst

Originally posted by Tra:
    No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
    ~1 John 2:23

Jesus is that Son.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Lots of religions don't deny Jesus was a figure of some kind, so that pretty much only gets rid of hardline Pagans (alot of them also believe Jesus is a god) Satanists and Buddhists.

That quote says the people who have Jesus have the Father though, it doesn't stipulate about Jews and others who only worship God the father.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No one who denies the Son has the father...that's pretty specific. No one who denies that Jesus is the Son of God has God either. That includes everyone who believes that Jesus was a prophet or just some nice guy.

1 John 2:22-23-- "Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the christ. Such a man is the antichrist--he denies the Father and the Son. No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknoledges the Son has the Father also."

Just to put it in context.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234