Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was just skimming through the posts here and I rejoined the board mostly to ask this question to the non-believers that frequent this board:

Why are you so hostile about Christianity? I don't understand why you come here, to a Christian board, to bash Tra and others here for their beliefs. It just doesn't make sense to me. Why are you so intimidated by Christianity that you can't handle even seeing Bible quotes in a person's signature?

I was once Pagan and I returned to my Catholic faith several years ago. (The story is somewhere on here as OdeToEeyore) I'm not making wild assumptions here because I saw what contempt the non-Christians have at times for Christians who are vocal about their faith.

It's getting to be a more hostile world for Christians, It seems like so many people in this country are blaming us for the state of the union right now instead of the rightful party. If I have to hear one more time how radical Islam is worse then radical Christianity or how many people have been killed by Christians I think I will scream! All religions have blood on their hands and their radicals, period. BUt you don't see Christians rioting in the streets over rude Jesus cartoons. We're expected to sit and take it because we're the largest religion. And you know what? Sometimes that really ***** .

I do feel my rights as a Chrisitan are being eroded when "Merry Christmas" is considered a slander or when I can't mention my faith without everyone fearing I will convert them. (Which Catholics don't do, btw) When I hear prayer requests aren't allowed but energy requests are, I wonder what happened that everyone is so disgusted by Christianity?

Okay, I'm rambling a bit here, but it's really start to make me angry that in a country were majority rules, the majority does not rule. I think everyone deserves respect as a human being and child of God, which includes not being persecuted, but I do fear where we're going when we start having "do what feels right" as our moral guideline.

So, what is it about Christianity you find so threatening you need to come here to bash? And why does any mention of my religion offend you so much? I'm not trying to fight, I'm just trying to understand. I don't care how you believe, that's between you and God, but don't be so hostile about me having my own beliefs. :/

Inactive Member the happy heathen's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Who's hostile? [img]smile.gif[/img]

I don't find Tra's brand of Christianity threatening, I find it annoying. I find it frustrating and arrogant.

Of course there would still be conflicts in the world even if religion weren't at the root of most of them, but at least then both sides might stand a chance at understanding WHY the enemy believes they're right. There would be REASONS WHY some people can't tolerate homosexuals, for instance. "My holy book says so" is not a reason.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 18, 2007 05:51 PM: Message edited by: the happy heathen ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<< I don't find Tra's brand of Christianity threatening, I find it annoying. I find it frustrating and arrogant. >>

So that's why you come here and bash? How would you feel if she went to a Pagan or an Atheist board and bashed your faith? That's what I don't get. If you find it so annoying, why go to a Christian board?

And btw, there are many different flavors of Christianity. While I respect all my brothers and sisters in Christ and share a kinship with them because of our Savior, some of the things they do I do not do. Catholics do not prothelytize or try to convert people, nor do believe the Bible can be read word by word in literal interpetation, we believe it's God's word and it's the Truth, but human hands did put it on the page.

Before you label ALL Christians, you might want to read about different denominations. [img]smile.gif[/img]

<< Of course there would still be conflicts in the world even if religion weren't at the root of most of them, but at least then both sides might stand a chance at understanding WHY the enemy believes they're right. There would be REASONS WHY some people can't tolerate homosexuals, for instance. "My holy book says so" is not a reason.>>

I wouldn't be so sure of that one. Just check out the debate between Vegetarians and non-vegetarians. Or PETA animal rights Militants and sane, rational people. (I call them militants because I consider what I do with rescue, and what organizations like the ASPCA are ACTIVISTS, not MILITANTS bent on breaking all contact between man and beast) There's plenty of non-religious opinions people will not budge on. Heck, just get me started on wearing fur!

ANd as for teh homosexual thing, I believe we all are the children of God and deserve respect and the basic rights to life and liberity. I think the line I've heard from alot of Christians is "love the sinner, hate the sin" which is what Jesus told us we are to do. So whether I agree with it or not, I have known and do know some gay people are absolutely incrediable and I love them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually, I had a similar question. Now, know that I am not saying that I don't want any of you here. After all, if there were no difference of opinion the board would be rather boring. Still, one must wonder WHY you are here if you don't like Christianity, Christians, or converting. You know what this board is like and you ought to know that that is not going to change. So why come here at all?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was on AGplaythings, and I stumbled upon this link. I joined hostboard because I wanted to see Tra's board, but when I saw the posts, I felt like I needed to post, not because I want to bash Tra's faith, but because I wanted to state my opinion (You would too if you came across a Atheist board).
    Now, yes, I know I am bashing Tra's faith, but that is because everyone here (With the exceptance of The Happy Heathen and Stormchaser) is shoving Christianity in my face. Once I was sitting in my living room, chatting with a close friend when the doorbell rang. I answered it and lo and behold there was a man dressed like a Minister there. "Jesus is the son of God" he said "We should praise him and his Father every day of our humble lives. Do you believe in Christ?" I felt mad and upset that someone was here, disturbing my peaceful day with my friend to shove their religion in my face. That is how I feel here, yes, I know that I could easily leave the board, but I see no reason why now i should stop. I am a polite person, and to the Minister at my door I simply said "I am very comfortable in my faith. Thank you." but here, this is different.

Inactive Member the happy heathen's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And btw, there are many different flavors of Christianity.

Yes, that's why I said "I find Tra's brand of Christianity annoying" above.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by zozey:
    I was on AGplaythings, and I stumbled upon this link. I joined hostboard because I wanted to see Tra's board, but when I saw the posts, I felt like I needed to post, not because I want to bash Tra's faith, but because I wanted to state my opinion (You would too if you came across a Atheist board).
    Now, yes, I know I am bashing Tra's faith, but that is because everyone here (With the exceptance of The Happy Heathen and Stormchaser) is shoving Christianity in my face. Once I was sitting in my living room, chatting with a close friend when the doorbell rang. I answered it and lo and behold there was a man dressed like a Minister there. "Jesus is the son of God" he said "We should praise him and his Father every day of our humble lives. Do you believe in Christ?" I felt mad and upset that someone was here, disturbing my peaceful day with my friend to shove their religion in my face. That is how I feel here, yes, I know that I could easily leave the board, but I see no reason why now i should stop. I am a polite person, and to the Minister at my door I simply said "I am very comfortable in my faith. Thank you." but here, this is different.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I understand the need to state your opinion when faced with an opinion that is opposite of yours.

The difference between here and the guy at your door is that here no one is forcing their way into your living room. Everytime you come to this board you invite us into your house through the internet. You choose to be here. There is no reason for you not to be here, but don't go acting like we are forcing anything down your throat or barging into your life.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<< And btw, there are many different flavors of Christianity.
    Yes, that's why I said "I find Tra's brand of Christianity annoying" above. >>

Okay, just checking.

No offense to Tra, but Catholics believe differently then the rest of the Protestant denominations, and well, I like us to be appreciated for our uniquness. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm not hostile towards Christianity. I'm hostile towards Tra because she keeps repeating herself and not listening to what I'm posting. Christianity is just fine, but I wish she would admit that it's not based on fact. I mean, it doesn't have to be to be true! You can stop kidding yourself!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 23, 2007 05:49 PM: Message edited by: zozey ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast