Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry about that post, hostboard isn't letting me delete it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<< I'm not hostile towards Christianity. I'm hostile towards Tra because she keeps repeating herself and not listening to what I'm posting. Christianity is just fine, but I wish she would admit that it's not based on fact. I mean, it doesn't have to be to be true! You can stop kidding yourself! >>

I stopped kidding myself when I returned to Christianity after a stint in Paganism and Wicca.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by KarmaIronic:
    << I'm not hostile towards Christianity. I'm hostile towards Tra because she keeps repeating herself and not listening to what I'm posting. Christianity is just fine, but I wish she would admit that it's not based on fact. I mean, it doesn't have to be to be true! You can stop kidding yourself! >>

I stopped kidding myself when I returned to Christianity after a stint in Paganism and Wicca.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I just meant that she seems so insistent that it's based on fact. What I meant is that just because it's not based on fact doesn't mean it's not true.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<< I just meant that she seems so insistent that it's based on fact. What I meant is that just because it's not based on fact doesn't mean it's not true. >>

As I writer I do agree things not based on fact can still be true. In fact, sometimes I think we find greater truths in fiction. However, for all the evidence it's not fact, there's evidence it is fact. But I don't think you want to hear my theories again. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by stormchaser:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by KarmaIronic:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I just meant that she seems so insistent that it's based on fact. What I meant is that just because it's not based on fact doesn't mean it's not true.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree with this. Tra has no facts, and that is okay. I believe in God, but I don't think that there HAS to be one and that there are many facts. I like the idea of a God, so I have a God. Stormchaser doesn't, but I don't care, it's Stormchaser's life, not mine.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<< I agree with this. Tra has no facts, and that is okay. I believe in God, but I don't think that there HAS to be one and that there are many facts. I like the idea of a God, so I have a God. Stormchaser doesn't, but I don't care, it's Stormchaser's life, not mine. >>

Perception is 9/10ths of reality, IMO. What you see as no facts, Tra sees as all the facts anyone could ever need. I personally see a combination of facts and spiritual knowledge. I think that's the most constructive thing I learned from Paganism - pull your nose out of the Holy Books once and while to let you *feel* what true spirituality is and to experince it as something tangiable. Believe it or not, it's made my life as a Christian now even more fulfilling.

Again, I'm Catholic, we don't even say for sure that nonbelievers go to **** because we believe it's God's job to judge. I try to remember that in my daily life, between the quote in the Bible about removing the beam in your own eye before removing the speck in your neighbors. And from a quote from a spiffy early 90's rap song: "There's only one true judge and that's God. So chill, and let my Father do His job."

I think when I started this thread the hostility I was speaking of was people making a point to come here just to poke at Tra's beliefs. I don't see the point in that. If you want to debate, that's one thing, but in the beginning I think the line was crossed. However, it seems like now it's rational debate, which rocks. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12