Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Let us not sit by as they erode our rights as Christians!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

As, slowly, our rights to worship as Christians are being taken away, I wonder...what is to become of us? We are no longer allowed to pray in school, it is politically incorrect to witness, and truth is no longer seen as truth, but rather as a truth that someone...considered the winner of the battles of history...has decided to be called truth. I see this happening and I fear greatly for our future.

Most people will say that what I say above is not true. Others will say that it is ok because Christianity is wrong. Well, it is true and Christianity is RIGHT. I know this because I see it all around me and because I have faith--a gift from God.

Will you have faith? Will you stand up for your rights as Christians and as Americans to worship and believe in the way that God tells us to? We must stop lying down before those who wish to oppress us, otherwise we will truly be oppressed; eventually the time will come when Christians are once again martyred. I know the Bible says that Christians will suffer for being Christians, and we have and do. I only fear that such suffering will escalate and rapidly.

People fear that environment damage will kill us off or that Christians will "force" their beliefs on others and kill us off. This is not the danger to be wary of, however. Such things mask the real danger...the death of Christians in the world and the deaths of many immortal souls because of this.

Political correctness and not offending anyone is not the goal of our lives on Earth. Our goal is thus: to do God's will. Period. We may have to offend someone in order to do that. That's ok. There is an old saying. "You can please all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time, but you cannot please all of the people all of the time." It's ok to offend someone if you do so with cause. Do not go around offending people for no reason, but do go around spreading your faith. Don't be afraid that someone will stop liking you. Maybe they will. What people think of you is not the issue. Saving immortal souls is. God will love you, and it's His love that really matters.

I'm not saying you are all letting this happen. You may be spreading your faith like crazy! Good for you! Remember, God supports you. I just thought some people out there might need a little reminder or encouragement, whether they are already spreading their faith or not.

Sorry for the rant, but I am watching our rights as Christians being eroded and I wonder what we can do about it. (Yes, this persecution of Christians really is happening, whether you choose to see or acknowledge it or not.) We can continue to spread our faith, and thus make a big and wonderful difference and improve this world.

Love in Christ,
    Tra
    [img]graemlins/present.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sheep.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

People are no longer to pray in school? I just thought making the whole class pray has been disallowed. But students can still pray themselves whenever they choose. Am I wrong? I know for a fact Christianity hasn't been banned in higher education. There are two generic Christian groups on my campus, as well as an LDS group. They are school recognized clubs that get their funding from student government.

I am still at a loss as to how oppressing Christians is bad but oppressing non-Christians is good. That doesn't seem right.

I don't think the persecution of Christians is any bigger of a deal than that of other faiths. I'd say Muslims are taking the brunt of it right now.

Christians still have a very strong hold in this country. With the regression in homosexual and reproductive rights, I think Christian beliefs have a stronger hold right now than they have in my lifetime.

MissCurlyCat2

This post intentionally left blank.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 20, 2006 01:47 PM: Message edited by: Kit 1934 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No one is saying any kind of oppression is right. You say gay people are being oppressed? Why? They still have the right to marry someone of the opposite sex. They just choose not to. They have no less rights than the rest of us.

Aside from that, people would never do what you're saying, Kit 1934. I know I associated with plenty of non-Christians when I was a kid. One of my best friends is a non-Christian. When I met her she was a wiccan. We still talked about religion with each other even though it is not allowed at school.

As for the "not allowed to pray at school" I mean, there is not allowed to be reference to God in the classroom. Extracirricular Christian activities (like Chi-Alpha and FCA) are still allowed. So, for that matter, is the GSA (Gay Straight Alliance). And for the record, yes, I think the Christian activities should be allowed while the gay activities should not be. Why? Christianity is right and doesn't and never has hurt anyone. Being gay is wrong and hurts lots of people. (I've already explained how and why in other threads.)

With all the people saying that Christianity is wrong and fighting for laws against Christian values, I'd say liberalism and such has a bigger hold on the country than ever before. It's scary, actually. I mean, the further we turn from God, the more likely our country will fall and the more likely we will die (in both a physical and spiritual way.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tra, I am rather shocked and a bit appalled that you as a Christian are against the GSA. Unless your GSA has a mission different from the one I am a part of. My GSA works to teach Christian values (even if we don't refer to them as that): be respectful and kind to everyone, no matter what they're sexual orientation. GSA works against things like hate crimes aimed at homosexuals. The mission is to make homosexuals feel safe on campus. They don't need to be approved by everyone. They just need to not be in danger of harassment. You yourself say you hate the sin, not the sinner. So what is your problem with GSA?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am totally against hate crimes, but when the GSA encourages people to accept the sin of homosexuality, then I see a problem. It would be like someone forming a club going around saying murder was ok and trying to convince everyone of that. Yes, I'm comparing being gay to being a murderer, but only insofar as that both are a sin and all sins harm people.

I hate the sin and not the sinner...at least I try to. I am, by no means, perfect at this. I doubt anyone is really. I fail to see, however, what this has to do with the GSA???

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The GSA isn't forcing people to accept homosexuality. It's trying to get people to treat everyone with respect regardless of their sexual orientation. Treating people with respect and agreeing with the way they live their lives are two different things. Unfortunately, your beliefs are bording on the line of disrespect. Would it bother you if someone was comparing you to a murderer for lying? If you can accept that people lie and that's just what they do, then you should be able to accept homosexuality as well. I'm not saying accept it as right. I'm saying accept it as a sin that occurs often. All sins are equal in the eyes of God. Hating the sin and not the sinner has everything to do with GSA.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lying, like all sins, is wrong. Homosexuality and lying, unfortunately, occur often. Yes. But we don't have to (nor should we) accept sin just because it occurs too often.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nor should we make sinners feel any less a person than ourselves.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No one is trying to make anyone feel less of a person. I do believe, however, that a person should feel bad when they sin. Otherwise what would make them want to stop sinning?

Since we are all sinners, we cannot make a sinner feel less a person than ourselves.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast