Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Let us not sit by as they erode our rights as Christians!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sometimes I say the same thing over and over, yes. That is because some people don't seem to get what I'm saying.

Evolution is a theory, which has not been proven by definition.
    Yes, I believe there is more proof for God than there is for evolution. What are the odds that we just evolved into the intricate beings that we are from some primordial ooze?

No, I'm not kidding. We are not allowed to pray in school in a way that others might recognize it. We are not allowed to witness to others because everyone thinks it's pushy.

No true Christian oppresses anyone. People might think that trying to witness to others is "oppressing" them, but that is not true. We are trying to save, help, and love everyone, not oppress them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Evolution is a theory, which has not been proven by definition.
    Yes, I believe there is more proof for God than there is for evolution. What are the odds that we just evolved into the intricate beings that we are from some primordial ooze?

The chances are small, sure, but what are the chances of God creating all this in seven days? What are the chances of God creating this at all?
    I see no evidence for your theory, and though it hasn't been proven that evolution is how we got here, there is no proof that God put us here either. no one was around then right? So how do we know? Because a book that some guy in the sky wrote told us so, right? Give me why you think God put us here other than the fact that the bible said so. Did you know that there are hundreds of volumes of the "holy scriptures" and somebody had to choose which ones to put in the bible? there could be a book just as "holy" that says "God is a metaphor, there is no God" and you wouldn't know it.

Sometimes I say the same thing over and over, yes. That is because some people don't seem to get what I'm saying.

Wow. Do you have proof that it's a man if not something like a spirit? I just don't see why some people trust a book so much, I feel uncomfortable in Christianity because everything is a sin, and I have to trust a book with my life.
    People ask what church I go to and when I say "Never been since I was a baby" they gasp as though I am going to H E L L right in front of them. I would rather enjoy my life to the full now and go to H E L L than live with no sins and go to heaven when I die.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I believe the Bible because I have faith. I can't really explain it in terms you will accept, but I believe that the Bible is the whole infallible Word of God and that there is no other. Yes, I've heard of the Apocrypha (many books left out of the Bible) but I believe that the people who wrote the Bible were guided by God just as the people who compiled it were.

There are sins, yes, but that is not what the focus of Christianity is on. It is a common misconception that Christians must abstain from sin in order to go to Heaven or at least "be a pretty good person". Well, that is not the case. It is all about Jesus saving us from our sins. That does not mean we can keep on sinning apurpose, for God is our Lord and Savior. If you are uncomfortable thinking of yourself as a sinner, then you must think you're perfect and thus be very deluded.

There are so many things so much more important that proof...like faith, hope, and love.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All I am going to say now is, Christianity is great. I do in fact love the religion, but it's the way people have it twisted around today, in a part of the bible said that Jesus said "I am the way, the truth." and he never did but people quote that all the time. He said "Blessed are the peacemakers" but no one seems to care for those things of hope and truth and love he did say. Everywhere I go today people tell me I am wrong, wrong for not believing, but I have no reason to believe. I believe that there may be a God, but because I do not feel that I KNOW people say I am wrong and that I am not going to heaven. I do not believe that my life is in God's hands, I believe that my life is in my own hands, and that if I choose to do something that I am not meant to do, I can do it, and God will not stop me, because God is the "parent" who came up earlier and every parent knows there is a time when they have to let their children go and make their own decisions. I do see the world as having a God, but this God of mine is not a man, God to me is a spirit, a good feeling. I believe in evolution, but that doesn't mean that I don't believe in Gaod. True Christianity may be about love and hope and peace, but many Christians are not into those things, those are the people who tell me I am wrong, those are the people who I think of as Christians because those are the people who I meet on the street, those are the people who I know. I do not pray when I go to bed, I spend Sundays reading a book and going on the computer, and I do not pray or sing grace before a meal, but I am happy. Many people say that doing as I do, not praying, is a sin, but i do not care if I am running towards a brick wall. I am happy. When people tell me I am wrong, I tell them that they are right for themselves, and I am right for myself. And when they say I am not going up when I die, but down, I tell them that there is no down. There is no H E L L to me, and because there isn't to me, how can I go there? If God loves us all he won't let some of us to go to H E L L because we didn't pray to God, because we were happy. I have nothing against Christianity, only the people who cannot except that we have new theories today that make more sense than the old ones, and that believing that God did not do all this, perhaps God helped, but did not create all this, does not mean we are not true Christians.Yet again, all I have against Christians is not excepting the new theories, and the Christians that tell me I am wrong.

JabberwockyPie

Tra, you sometimes behave like a three-year-old covering her ears and going "La la la! I can't hear you" If somebody disagrees with you. I notice that pretty much every thread on your forum says you made the last post.

You have faith. That's wonderful, and I'm not being sarcastic. Why can't you allow others to find God in their own way? It seems a bit presumptious, even arrogant, to think that it is your personal responsibility to make sure that everyone you talk to becomes a Christian.

Why not politely listen to others' ideas about religion and God? Even if it's all as wrong as you say, it will help you understand their perspective.

People are much more likely to listen to what you have to say if you are respectful toward their beliefs. You can disagree all you want, but why not do it in a respectful way? Ignorance isn't going to help anybody.

You seem to get very upset when people say your beliefs are wrong. Why shouldn't other people react the same way?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I usually have made the last posts on the board, but that's because I'm probably on here more than anyone else.

As for listening, I listen as much as I'm listened to. Though I know what you are saying, I still cannot agree with it. That's all I'm saying.

I just want everyone to know the joy of knowing God. I just want everyone to know the joy of Heaven one day. You may think you are happy now, but that is nothign compared to the joy of knowing the Savior. I understand that not everyone is going to agree with or even listen to what I have to say. But that doesn't mean I should stop trying.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Tra:
    I usually have made the last posts on the board, but that's because I'm probably on here more than anyone else.

As for listening, I listen as much as I'm listened to. Though I know what you are saying, I still cannot agree with it. That's all I'm saying.

I just want everyone to know the joy of knowing God. I just want everyone to know the joy of Heaven one day. You may think you are happy now, but that is nothing compared to the joy of knowing the Savior. I understand that not everyone is going to agree with or even listen to what I have to say. But that doesn't mean I should stop trying.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I know the "Saviour". he is my savior sure, but I need no saving. I do not think Jesus was the son of god, or was all holy. He was a man who spoke of everything I believe in, of peace and love, but he can be an awesome guy without having his mother be a virgin, or being an only child, or even getting married and having his own kids. He sinned as much as I have.I am listening and disagreeing. I know God. To me God is how wonderful felt on my vacation to Ottawa when I was skipping down the streets with one of my Best Friends licking maple lollipops and singing about everything awesome in life. I felt truly connected with God, I felt loved and happy, and I have never felt like that when I pray, or go to a sermon. I feel pressured to be someone i am not and I feel angry because I am having to do something I do not believe in.I just tried to read the bible. utter **** to me. not to you, but to me it was meaningless drivel about things that I do not believe happened. I hated it. I didn't believe in a thing in it. I know to you this is important, which is why I do not point out the masses of things I disagree with, but I just want you to know that I am listening, I have read your oh-so-special bible, and didn't like it. I am not a true Christian, but I feel connected with God, and I feel like I am being pushed towards other things, other religions. And this is something that I will follow. I have NO business in Christianity, I feel unhappy when I do things I am supposed to. Do not tell me that I should still be Christian. I am going to heaven because I have followed my own God, i have followed my own self, and even if I must make up a religion to be with God in my own way, I will. Even if that is the religion of the Guitar Playing Lizard Horses I will do it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Tra:
    It is a common misconception that Christians must abstain from sin in order to go to Heaven or at least "be a pretty good person". Well, that is not the case. It is all about Jesus saving us from our sins. That does not mean we can keep on sinning apurpose, for God is our Lord and Savior.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This confused me. I had to think about it a while, but I think I'm stuck at "Christians must abstain from sin." Are you saying that is a misconception because it's really that Christians must TRY to abstain from sin?

JabberwockyPie

Originally posted by SarahS:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Tra:
    It is a common misconception that Christians must abstain from sin in order to go to Heaven or at least "be a pretty good person". Well, that is not the case. It is all about Jesus saving us from our sins. That does not mean we can keep on sinning apurpose, for God is our Lord and Savior.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This confused me. I had to think about it a while, but I think I'm stuck at "Christians must abstain from sin." Are you saying that is a misconception because it's really that Christians must TRY to abstain from sin?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've got to agree that that sounds illogical unless it's a typo. I could commit genocide, but still go to heaven if I decide I'm a Christian later? On the other hand, Tra, you keep saying that Christians who do bad things aren't REAL Christians, so it seems like you're trying to take on the role of God by judging who is Christian enough.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I probably worded it wrong. My point was that in Christianity, it is not what WE do, but rather what GOD DID FOR US. It is not about us being "good enough" but rather us being loved enough by God.