Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Let us not sit by as they erode our rights as Christians!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, all the proof I have is true. You just don't like it. What are you afraid of? Why don't you have faith? Why do you need more proof than there is? What will be good enough for you?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Scientific facts. I am not afraid, YOU are afraid, if anyone. I believe there is a God, but the way you talk about "Him" just ****es me off.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Tra:
    No, all the proof I have is true. You just don't like it. What are you afraid of? Why don't you have faith? Why do you need more proof than there is? What will be good enough for you?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just listen to yourself! You're pathetic! You're acting like us not taking pretty butterflies as proof means we're being blind! How can you honestly believe that "everything good"(approximately 1/18th of the world) is proof of God? Look, the odds are that given the size of the universe, it would actually be LESS LIKELY THAT THINGS LIKE THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You are being blind. And how do you know how big the universe is? It is infinite. But you haven't seen it so how do you believe it is infinite? I mean...how do you know it's really there? Because you can't believe anything you dont' see then how do you know how big the universe is? And if the universe is not as big as you think it is how do you know the odds are that this "Big Bang" junk really happened?

What would I be afraid of? I know what I know.

Inactive Member the happy heathen's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We are not allowed to pray in school in a way that others might recognize it. We are not allowed to witness to others because everyone thinks it's pushy.

Tra, you are making me laugh so hard here I can hardly type. Why in the world should people who don't share your faith "recognize" your speshul, speshul prayers as being super speshul? And how on earth is witnessing anything but pushy? LOL.

Jeez Louise, how would you feel if Muslims or Buddhists or Jews or Jains or Hindus or Pagans or Shryuistgkleatarians were witnessing to you every day about how you must accept their way of thinking to live a good and worthwhile life? Somehow I don't think you'd like it too bloody well. I don't think you'd listen, either. So why should nonchristians have to listen to you?

The whole title of this post kills me, anyway. I really wish you could go through one day in the life of an atheist and see what's it's really like to have to hide your beliefs.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Living a good and worthwhile life is impossible. Christianity is the one right religion. Period the end.

Athiests are soooooo persecuted. Their religion (yes, athiesm is a religion of non-religion) is the only one allowed to be taught in schools. I know no one who was ever persecuted for being an athiest. Just because someone tries to show Christ to you doesn't mean you are persecuted.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Living a good and worthwhile life is impossible.

Wow. That is about the saddest thing I have ever heard anyone say. Seriously, it makes me terribly sad, especially to hear this coming from such a young person.

Also, Tra, it makes me really sincerely sad that you believe you have ever done anything bad enough to deserve a death sentence. You haven't. Being imperfect does not mean you don't deserve to live. (And pleeeease don't tell me the bible says it does, because guess what? I don't care what the bible says. It means nothing to me.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It is not that we have done anything bad enough to deserve a death sentence, but rather that we are not perfect and the imperfect cannot dwell in the same place as the Perfect.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And I suppose I said that wrong about living a good worthwhile life being impossible. I meant that living a perfect life is impossible.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It is not that we have done anything bad enough to deserve a death sentence, but rather that we are not perfect and the imperfect cannot dwell in the same place as the Perfect.

Oh. Well, if God from the bible = Perfect, then I really don't want to ever spend any time with him/it. So that's cool. [img]smile.gif[/img]