Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Let us not sit by as they erode our rights as Christians!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<< Originally posted by Tra:
    Why should I do the work for you? Try reading it yourself.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I KNEW it! >>

Well, maybe you should read the Bible cover to cover so you know what's really in there and can make a decision for yourself based on the actual content. Heck, next trip to the library I will be getting out the Koran for the very same reason! Does that mean I'm converting? Not a chance! But I've heard so many negative things about it, and given the current problems in this world I want to know firsthand what really is in there.

Knowledge is the greatest weapon of all!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You knew what? Because I refuse to spoon feed you something that you are perfectly capable of doing on your own you think that I am saying there are contradictions in the Bible. No I am just saying that you are being lazy for wanting me to do everything for you and am refusing to do it. I still maintain that there are no contradictions in the Bible.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Tra:
    You knew what? Because I refuse to spoon feed you something that you are perfectly capable of doing on your own you think that I am saying there are contradictions in the Bible. No I am just saying that you are being lazy for wanting me to do everything for you and am refusing to do it. I still maintain that there are no contradictions in the Bible.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Alright then. I'll go look them up.

Ezekiel 18:20
    The soul that sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son; the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

Exodus 20:5
    You shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands who love me and keep my commandments.

Come on. Tell me how that is NOT a contradiction.

The next one:
    a generation comes, and a generation goes, but the earth remains for ever.
    Ecclesiastes 1:4

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and the works that are on it will be burned up.

2 Peter 3:10

Hmm. First no Apocalypse - then Apocalypse!

So Jacob called the name of the place Peni'el, saying "For I have seen God face to face, and yet my life is preserved."
    Genesis 32:30

No one has ever seen God; the only Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he has made him known.
    John 1:18

Well then. NOW if you keep saying there are no contradictions in the bible, it'll prove you're not even reading my posts.

<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ January 22, 2007 07:39 PM: Message edited by: stormchaser ]</font></font>

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 22, 2007 07:45 PM: Message edited by: stormchaser ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's contradictions in our form of understanding, I guess. But don't listen to me, I'm a Catholic and we are very big on the "Mysteries of Faith".

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There are still not contradictions in the Bible. For the first one...it says "of those who hate me". That implies that the individual hates God and so his own sins are visited on him.

The second one...some form of the earth will remain forever. In Revelations it talks about a New Heaven and a New Earth.

The third one the Bible says Jacob wrestled with God or an Angel of the Lord...not God the Father, whose face no one can see and live in this life.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<< The third one the Bible says Jacob wrestled with God or an Angel of the Lord...not God the Father, whose face no one can see and live in this life. >>

That's how I always understood it.

For me it's helpfull to read different variations of the Bible like the NIV, even though as a Catholic I use the NAB. But the NIV is written in a way that's easier to understand and I would recommend that for a Bible first timer, unless they were specifically looking into Catholicism.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Tra:
    There are still not contradictions in the Bible. For the first one...it says "of those who hate me". That implies that the individual hates God and so his own sins are visited on him.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">His own sins are visited on him? What? Did you even read the passage? It says the sins are visited on his descendants, as well as just him.

The second one...some form of the earth will remain forever. In Revelations it talks about a New Heaven and a New Earth.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, that's twisting the words around nicely. It doesn't say "part of the earth abideth forever", and "most of the earth shall burn". You just want it to be true.

The third one the Bible says Jacob wrestled with God or an Angel of the Lord...not God the Father, whose face no one can see and live in this life.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What? There's a difference between God and God the Father now?
    Hope that clears things up a bit.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">imagephp?u265643&ampdateline1156428144

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 04, 2007 02:15 PM: Message edited by: stormchaser ]</font>

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789