Thread: Why do some people dislike blondes?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why do people actively dislike anything? You could probably write a thesis on this if you'd like to get a doctorate in psychology. However, I'm guessing the reasons probably vary from person to person.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I mean, yes, I can see having a preferred hair color, but when one is constantly complaining about how AG has too many blonde dolls, it seems that there's a little more to it than just preferring brunette hair or red hair or whatever. Why actively dislike blond hair? Or blond dolls? Are they too popular? What?

Just wondering...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OOh! That would be so cute, Lindsey Forever!

There are so many different shades of blond, I can't see why anyone would dislike it. I mean, none of the AG dolls look exactly alike, so why is everyone always complaining about the lack of diversity or too much similarity all the time. This is just another "AG needs less..." so it seems like they're saying "because those...are not as good as the other hair colors/skin colors/etc." It really makes me mad.

ButtercupFlibble

I like Kirsten. I like Elizabeth, even though she's not book-accurate. I like Nellie. I like Kit. The only blonde character doll* they've done that I really don't like is Kailey. It might help the situation if they used more face molds. (AG only has six face molds period and three of them have only been used on one doll each - Jess, Kaya, and AGoT #4 - and all of the white dolls except Nellie and Elizabeth have the same face.)

That being said, I think the issue is not so much that they're releasing more blonde dolls, but that they're doing so many of them at once. Until Kit was released, Kirsten was the only blonde. Now suddenly there are Nellie, Elizabeth, Kailey, and rumors of Rebecca, too.

Much as I like my Elizabeth doll (she is really pretty), she's not Elizabeth from the books I grew up on and the writing in "Very Funny, Elizabeth" is awful.

I really hope that one of the Dolls of Color gets a Best Friend doll before they stop making them and go back to doing more historicals from other time periods. I really hope the rumors about Rebecca aren't true.

*Meaning historical or LE - one that has a book (or books) and a name, etc.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hope Rebecca does come out. I hope that doesn't mean the end of friend dolls, though. I doubt it would. I mean, they are profitable yet easier to produce because AG doesn't need years of research into a new historical time period. I really hope we get both new historicals and new friend dolls. That would be great! [img]smile.gif[/img]