Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've decided that my next doll will be the newest LOF girl, Kathleen McKenzie! [img]smile.gif[/img] She's just sooooo pretty and cute! And she comes with a great Christian message! I love LOF and always thought there should be a group of Christian dolls out there to help young girls grow in faith. Plus, it's like AG's getting girls to read, cuz all the dolls have books! Of course these dolls are based on books originally written in early 1900's by Martha Finley (many of which are available free online at http://www.gutenberg.org). But I think Kathleen and Laylie's stories are not from the original books. And I know Violet's differed greatly from the originals. Still, it's a great concept and organization overall.

So...what do you all think of LOF?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've only seen one in person, but I am not crazy about them. They look too *dollish* to me. They have big eyes which I am not fond of. Their clothes are over-the-top fancy whereas I prefer AG's attempts to look real. The accessories, which I've only seen online, seem pretty nice, though.

I'm too obsessed with AG to branch out to other doll lines.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like the frilly clothes, but I can see how they look unrealistic. Fortunately, they can exchange clothes with AG. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have to admit, I'm a little dissapointed with the new girl. I really want Violet out of the regular girls, and I also want Laylie to turn her into Addy's friend, Sarah, if they don't give Addy a friend doll. Some of the clothes are too frilly for my taste too, but I wouldn't be surprised if Millie and Elsie found their way to my house once I have all of the dolls on my AG list. Their faces are gorgeous, which is why I'm not overly found of the newest girl. But maybe when I get the catalouge she'll look better! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Really? I love Kathleen's face! It's so cute! Of course, she does look drastically different from the other LOF dolls, which are all beautiful, too. [img]smile.gif[/img] Cuteness! The only thing I'm worried about is their full-vinyl bodies. I wonder what they'll be like. Other than that, I really want Kathleen and plan on getting her next.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a Carpatina Isabelle, which are also full vinyl body. She's obviously not as snuggly as the AGs, but she's still a gorgeous doll and looks great in the outfits I have for her. And she fits right into photo stories and such just fine. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's good. [img]smile.gif[/img] I wonder if their bodies are like hard or soft vinyl...? Anyway...Isabelle? Pretty! She's slimmer than AG's and LOF, though, right? Or can she fit AG clothes? She also has beautiful clothes...at least the pics I've seen of them online...(yes, this is a very subtle invitation to post pics... [img]wink.gif[/img] ).

[img]smile.gif[/img]

JabberwockyPie

The Carpatina dolls, as with the Magic Attic Club and Stardust Classic dolls, are the same height as AG dolls (and presumably LoF, though I don't have one), but they're considerably slimmer. Someone once phrased it that they're supposed to be a year or two older than AG dolls, so they're proportioned a bit differently. The AG clothes look really baggy on them.

To put it more simply: if you had an 18" Barbie-type doll (adult), an 18" AG doll (9-10) and an 18" baby doll, they're not going to be the same proportions, even if they're the same height. Little babies have huge heads that are something like 1/3 or 1/4 of their height, but as we get older we grow into them and adults' heads are more like 1/7 of our full height. The larger heads on the Life of Faith dolls makes them look younger.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 06, 2006 02:16 PM: Message edited by: JabberwockyPie ]</font>