It was two months ago when our son was born. Luckily healthy and strong even he was born at week 36.

I had a placenta previa and had two small bleeging episodes at the end of the pregnancy. At week 35 I was also diagnosed a placenta percreta with bladder invasion. I'll always remember that day, it was like a dead doom to me. The elective c-section was scheduled to following week.

The operation was made in special operationg room and all the special doctors were there. I was horrified. It took almost an hour to prepare me to the operation. The plan was to make a hysterectomy without hesitation and that was ok to me, since this was our third child and after this kind of experience I would never dare to get precnand again.

The big vessels at my legs were embolisided. Baby was taken out quickly. Then doctors noticed that the placenta was so badly and widely growth throug my uterus and to bladder that they decided not to cut to avoid catastrophic hemorraghing. So the left the total placenta in untouched.

I was at the recovery room when they came to tell my what happened. I was awake during surgery but I got some pills to calm down. They had never seen case like mine and this kind of treatment was never made in this country. Can you imagine what were my feelings to hear that. Luckily that one doctor had studied a lot of this concervative treatment and knew a lot about it.

I then received a shot of methotrexan. There were no significant bleeding during the surgery. I left the hospital after 9 days.

Since then I have visited my doctor every two weeks time. And who could have believed, the placenta has shrinked and there are holes in it. The blood circulation has also decreased. Now we hope that the placenta absorb itself. I don't know how long it takes, but I feel more confident every day. Hopefully everything goes well and the placenta disappeares soon.

Physically I have felt quite normal but mentally this has been such a rollercoaster. Some days are bad and some days sunny and I feel positive. But there aren't days when I don't think of all this. What had happened if the doctors would have tried to make a hysterectomy. Would there have been enough blood to me.

Luckily they made another decision and I am here today.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 26, 2007 07:18 AM: Message edited by: Arius ]</font>