Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

I am currently 17 weeks pregnant with my third child.
    My first was born by emergency cesarian after an intense labor that didn't progress. With my second I was truly "scared" into another c-section by my doctors who convinced me that I would rupture during a VBAC.

I decided to change to a different OB group for this baby.
    I was in the office for a routine checkup and they ran an ultrasound to look at the baby. The doctor told me the placenta looked like it was a previa and because I have the previous c-sections it could likely be a placenta accreta.

I was told to not have intercourse and to "wait" until my 20 wk. ultrasound for them to see how bad it really is.
    I'm in a state of total panic. I'm in limbo waiting to hear what's happening to me.

I'm so upset that no doctor ever told me that there was an increased risk of these placental problems after cesarians.

I'm not sure what I should be doing. In researching this on the internet I am even more scared than before. There isn't alot of positive help for this condition.

I'm petrified that I'll have to have a hysterectomy or I may hemmorage. I realize I am lucky that they noticed this early on in the pregnancy, but I feel like I'm waiting for the bomb to drop.

Does anyone have advice for me? Right now I'm just praying. I'm trying to stay positive and focus on the joy of the pregnancy, but it's like this monster is hovering over me. Any comments, please.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you so much for your kind words. I wish there were more resources for women going through this.

I really feel like so many doctors are cesarian-happy now and this is an increased risk directly associated with this.

My husband and I always wanted to have a big family and I feel as though it's like a horrible dream. I think this is terrible that this could happen to any woman.

I'm not sure my husband really understands how scary this is for me, and that it wont only take a physical but an emotional toll on me.

I appreciate your suggestions. I want to focus on the joy of this baby.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Hi

Let me know how your next scan goes, and ask the Doctor if he has dealt with this before? Your husband won't understand what you are going through, I think men sometimes just try and block it out, and that is not a bad thing as it would be worse if there were two hysterical people in one house.

You are right about the emotional difficulties being the biggest issue for you. You have to be quite strong now and it's a time for learning about yourself.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi

I am sorry to hear you are having a tough time, I was diagnosed with full placenta percreta last year. I had my daughter by cesarean this year in January, I had to have a hysterectomy and various other things to save my life but the Doctors did save my life. There are many women with this it seems and it does seem to be on the increase. Many women come out alright, and I feel that there is not enough support for women when they are diagnosed, as it is very scary to be left thinking that you are in serious trouble and now you have to lie there and wait it out by yourself.

If you have a competent Doctor and he has done this before then you will be in good hands.

Use this time to really take it easy and stay healthy and catch up on all the things you haven't done like write the letters to people you really wanted to or read books and really spoil yourself as much as possible. The time will pass and it will soon be behind you. I know it looks like a long time to wait but is passes quickly.

If it seems that I have glanced over the surface then let me know, you will read enough about this on the Internet to scare you, I am here to tell you not about the scary stuff, just how to get through it. You are not alone there are many women in the same position. Keep in touch if the days drag out to long. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

Well, this coming Monday is my next ultrasound and they are going to specifically be looking for signs of previa or accreta.

I'm nervous about what they may find (or not find). But I'm excited that we can probably find out the sex of the baby. I have 1 girl and 1 boy, and I think this one's a girl, too. We'll see if I'm right.

I've been trying to be proactive and not lift anything too heavy (except the kids) and rest whenever possible (easier said than done). I don't know if it really does any good, but I figure it can't hurt.

After the ultrasound I still have to wait 1 more week for my doctor's appointment where they will have looked over the results. This feels like an eternity of waiting.

I'm trying to keep good vibes around me and praying for a miracle. I do know I have a good doctor now and whatever happens I am in good hands with experienced doctors.

I'll let you know the results.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good luck, I wish you all the best. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]