Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Trinity,

That's a really good question. At this point it sounds like your risk of hemmhoraging is pretty low. I would wait to see what the doctor says. Maybe he can wait to tie your tubes until the placenta is gone and all risk of hemmhoraging has passed. My advice would be not to have your uterus removed if you don't have to. I know it's difficult, but I would try to wait it out just a little longer.

Please keep us posted!!

Jodi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well I saw my doctor yesterday and he says we are just going to continue to watch it. Unless I start to bleed or get an infection I may be ok with keeping my uterus. Everything seems to be ok as of now. Still the colored discharge but he says it should go away soon. He decided to go ahead and tie my tubes in a couple of weeks once my preauth from the insurance comes back. He also made my decision on wether to have anymore kids or not. He said we are not going to do this anymore, cuz he doesn't want to take the chance of me dying on him, let alone something happening to the baby. So I guess no more wondering if I should have another or not. It still bothers me to not have the choice anymore, but its for the best. I guess it just might take some time getting use to. I will keep ya informed if anything comes up. Thanks for all your guys replys, I appreciate the help. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    -Misty

Jodi, let me know how things go with you getting pregnant and what not.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 15, 2004 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Trinitygirl ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Misty,

Sounds like you have a good relationship with your dr so take your time with your decision to have your tubes tied. I'm curious why he wants to do the surgery so quickly. How much of your placenta is left? How are you feeling?

Your daughter has a beautiful name [img]smile.gif[/img]

-Paige

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 21, 2004 03:30 PM: Message edited by: pmciufo ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: delivery with accreta, left the placenta n womb in

hi, my name is Maria, i have been in the hosp since my 23wks preg, diagnosed with placnta accreta ( imbeding in my blader and womb) after a bleed and MRI scan, in my 32 wks i had another bleed the doc decide to delivery the bb, on 30/04/2010 so i had to have c-section with a vertical cut down the center of my tommy to avoid the placenta area altogether. I had another procedure 2 days later UTERINE ARTERY AMBOLIZATION.The docs said that the safest approuch was to leave the placenta inside me. I am now being monitored for infection and on how the placenta is reducing in size.i have been told i will either 'pass the placenta' in the form of a long period or it will reabsorbed into the body. my big concerms are how long it will take.......i am also scared of having a big unexpected bleed..would love to hear more experienc of people who had the placenta left inside them too..how long didfull recovery take and how did it happen? I had a beautifull littlle girl with 2.12kg 4.6 lb, she doing very well, and had 2 boys at home, the ages of 10 yr and 10 months old.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12