Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

My husband and I have been given a new avenue to investigate, his sister has come to us advising she would be a surrogate mother for us...what a wonderful thing!!! I have an appointment with my doctor next week to discuss the entire process. I really do not know much about this process, if anyone has any helpful advise, I would love to hear it. I am trying to not get my hopes up this soon, but cannot help to be so excited!

Affleck.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Affleck,

How exciting! Your sister-in-law must be a very generous person.

Let us know how this unfolds....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I should clarify my last email, my husband's sister would carry the baby, but it would be my egg...just in case anyone was wondering. However, I will know more when I meet with my doctor next week.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Affleck,

How exciting! Wow....you are lucky to have such a generous sister in law!!! Check out babycenter.com
    I believe they have a board on surrogacy. I don't know much about it. Please keep us posted!!!!!

Jodi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Afflek! That is wonderful! How did things go at the doc? I have what they believe to be a 'mild' acreta (I have three kids, and not needed transfusion or anything) but it always takes me about 30 minutes for the placenta to deliver, and then I need aggresive uterine massage to shrink my uterous. Anyhow, my friend lost the ability to have children due to radiation treatment for cancer. She is cancer free, but cannot have children. I am surrogating for her. They have no children right now, but desperately want to be parents. Anyhow, I promised Jodi I would keep her updated, have a look at my newest post! Contact me if you have any questions! [email protected]

Take care!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Angeldoll that is so wonderful that you are having a baby for your friend, that is the best gift you could give anyone! I unfortunately have hit another brick wall. We want to use my eggs along with my husband, and his sister would be our carrier; however they do not do that procedure anywhere close to where we live. I am even having a hard time getting information as to the closest place that would do such a thing, it is very frustrating. I see where you are from Alberta...I am from PEI and I think the closest place that would do this is Toronto...which of course adds to the cost of everything. We also meet with out local adoption agency but that too doesn't look promising, my husband really wants an infant which really limits the situation. Each avenue doesn't look good and it is very dis-heartening. I have started to tell myself that I might just be destin to only have one child.