Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Now that I am considering trying to get pregnant again, my doctor wants me to have a sonahistogram (I think that is what it's called). Has anyone had one of these. What should I expect?

Thanks

Jodi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Okay, so I scheduled the sonahistogram for next Thursday. Apparently they shoot some dye into you and take a look around for scar tissue etc. I will let you all know how it goes in case anyone else needs or wants to get one before trying to conceive again.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Okay....I feel like a total **** posting to myself, but I see that people are at least looking so I am going to do it anyway!!! My sonahistogram was cancelled today because the machine was broken. Now I have to wait until next month because apparently they have to do it 10 days after the first day of your period. I'm really bummed, not because I have to wait another month, but because I was ready for it today. I could barely sleep last night so I think the anticipation is wearing on me more than I am willing to admit. What if they tell me there is no way I will be able to carry another pregnancy?

Jodi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've never had one of those. When I was ready to get pregnant again my dr just did an ultrasound. The piece of placenta was just about 1.5 cm and his thoughts were that if it had been a cyst, drs would just leave it there - too small compare to any risks of removing it. I'm sure if I told my dr that I wanted the procedure, he would have done it. He was very accomodating and wanted me to be comfortable with the whole process of another pregnancy.

Good luck with the procedure when it is reschedule. Keep us informed!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jodi,

I'm responding to the last sentence in your statment "what if they tell me I can't get pregnant"..... I wouldn't believe them!! So many women have gotten pregnant after an accreta and I'm one of them. My dr wasn't sure if I'd be able to become pregnant after my 1st accreta - he was honest with us and said that he really didn't know and never had a patient with an accreta. Turns out I became pregnant after trying for a couple months. He was just as excited as my husband and me! Truth be told, drs just don't know. Have faith no matter what they tell you.

Keep us informed!

-Paige

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Paige! I have rescheduled the sonahistogram for tomorrow (thur 9/23/04). They said it takes an hour and to take two extra strength tylenol before coming...ugh!!!!!

I'll let you know what they say!

Jodi