Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello!
    I'm glad to find this support board! I had a m/c last May ('05), and was diagonsed as having accreta after complications with my D&C.
    I am now 10 weeks pregnant, and very concerned about another accreta. I guess what is most scary, is that so few people have ever heard of this. Makes me wonder what the doctors around my area truly know.
    I look forward to reading the other posts, and reading about other woman's experiences.
    I'm sure I'll have many questions!

Jill

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congratulations on new pregnancy!If i were you i would research this as much as you can.Ask the doctors to look for this happening a second time. With me they didnt even consider it happening again,even though i bled all through pregnancy.They kept scanning me but didnt look for accreta.i didnt know the risks in this second labour were so high.I nearly died and had to have hysterectomy.Since all this happened i have read some info in an nat.childbirth trust magazine about the drug used to speed up 3rd stage labour,it carries a small risk of retained placenta.So should this injection have been given to me?
    Maybe it would b safest for u to have planned c section. I am sure youre looking at all options!